Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,617 total)
  • Should Theresa May resign?
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

The replacement leader candidates are (in order of likelihood)

Boris Johnston
    David Davies
    Amber Rudd
    Andrea Leadsom

For those asking for May’s resignation you should bear this in mind

rockchic
    Free Member

Theresa May received 43% of the votes which makes her the most popular leader in voting terms.In our democracy do we replace her with someone who received far fewer votes ?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Ruth Davidson kicking herself about not going for a Westminster seat.

Can someone do both, or would she have to stand down as an MSP?

anagallis_arvensis

Boris wont wash with the DUP who want a soft Brexit

martinhutch

Theresa May received 43% of the votes which makes her the most popular leader in voting terms.In our democracy do we replace her with someone who received far fewer votes ?

Strictly speaking, Theresa May didn’t get any votes outside her own constituency.

Junkyard
    Free Member

We are not asking for anything the Tory party is

I dont care what **** leads them as it wont alter my voting intentions but can you address the issue rather than doing a very imprecise and strange attack on those who are saying she has little chance of remaining

DO you still think she has not put a foot wrong with the campaign [ I think we can assume you accept all your predictions were wrong now – might want to read mine now Mr Nostradamus] and you think she is the only choice – you know address the topic rather than try and shoot some ill defined person who should be worried about the alternatives – is that Tory voters BTW

dissonance

In our democracy do we replace her with someone who received far fewer votes

Well she did tell us if corbyn got six seats from her he would be the next pm. Are you saying she is doing a U-turn?

thegreatape
    Free Member

BBC News – ‘It is the right thing that she [TM] tries to do her constitutional duty’

What’s this? Some sort of formal dump at Buckingham Palace?

mogrim

Boris only cares about Boris, what kind of Brexit he has to sign up for is secondary.

Junkyard
    Free Member

No one is gpign to try and spin it like that not even the most ardent May supporter

It was a terrible night for her personally [ expected a three figure majority] and she chose to call the election and make it about her personality and boiy has that been seen to be a major failing.

Clearly her judgement is under question and can you imagine the EU reaction when she says I am strong and stable and the country is behind me in these negotiations

ferrals
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

The replacement leader candidates are (in order of likelihood)

Boris Johnston
    David Davies
    Amber Rudd
    Andrea Leadsom

Conservative insiders are apparently (according to R4) blaming David Davis for the election as he allegedly persuaded TM to hold it, and suggestions he should resign

kimbers

Boris Johnston
    David Davies
    Amber Rudd
    Andrea Leadsom

Rudd has too slim a majority? and scrutiny of her tax affairs would be lethal to the Tories
    Leadsome is an idiot of Baldrick’s caliber
    Davis as in reputation destroyed Brexit secret?tary? The one who’s pushed TM to uturn on an early GE, cabinet position as brexshit sec is now untenable- no wonder he looked to befuddled when interviewed about polls last week.
    Johnson only contender of your list, racist, clown who is more Marmite than Marmite

The smart money would be on Hammond, Osborne shoulda stuck around (he was very entertaining double act with Ed balls on ITV last )

At least we can all say May has played a blinder 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am sure she is indeed busy looking around to see who she can find to throw under the bus ,as a sacrificial scapegoat, to save her skin

I quite like him in the sense he has actual principles
    Less sure how competent he is

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

In the words of one of STW’s pet right wing nut jobs:

“May, the gift that keeps giving.”

😆

Klunk
    Free Member

She’s going to hunker down, gordonstylee.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d be happy for her to stay. She can only do more damage to the Tory party if she does.

“A bloody difficult woman.” 😆

PJM1974
    Free Member

This morning Theresa May looks as though she bet on a fart and lost.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Never trust a fart.

footflaps

Boris has no strong opinions / convictions, he’ll do anything to get in power.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Boris has no strong opinions / convictions, he’ll do anything to get in power.

Indeed he will.

chakaping
    Free Member

Osborne shoulda stuck around

Didn’t realise he’d stepped down. Kicking himself now?

While I’d like to see May stay on, the Tories can be ruthless and there’s no way they’ll let her contest another GE.

Klunk
    Free Member

Where is she ? Does someone need to knock on the door to check she’s home.

bigrich

I think it’s funny.

Speeder

Does no-one remember how she got the job on the first place? She was the only one to put herself forward as everyone else backed away from the Brexit clusterfunk – they don’t have another potential candidate for the role that isn’t badly tainted. It would be hilarious, if it wasn’t so painful to watch the country ****ing itself.

They’ll be grooming someone off the back benches while they keep her in and I bet my returning local MP will have designs on it long term. Watch out to hear more of Alex Chalk.

ribena
    Free Member

I’d bet on Philip Hammond for PM too

Can’t see it being someone who’s close to Theresa May

peteimpreza

“Where is she ?”

On her way to the palace to ask permission to form a minority government .

Klunk
    Free Member

isn’t that in an hour and half.

ransos
    Free Member

I’d be happy for her to stay. She can only do more damage to the Tory party if she does.

Agreed. I think the outcome is the best possible result for Labour.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Strictly speaking, Theresa May didn’t get any votes outside her own constituency.

Whole campaign was based around asking the country to back May and give her a huge majority (rather than the Conservatives). She has to go, though I don’t think it’ll be anytime soon. She certainly won’t be allowed to lead another election.

votchy
    Free Member

Yep, she is going to the palace to seek permission to form minority government, can the Queen say no?

jonnyboi

I think the party will want her to stay until the negotiations are done. Saves anyone else being tainted by them.

slowoldman

Though the EU might not be too keen to deal with her now her “Strong and Stable” 150 majority has gone up in smoke.

footflaps

Though the EU might not be too keen to deal with her now her “Strong and Stable” 150 majority has gone up in smoke.

Brexit will hurt the UK far more than the EU, I doubt they’re that bothered.

Klunk
    Free Member

I think the party will want her to stay until the negotiations are done. Saves anyone else being tainted by them.

The trouble with that is they may not get to choose when the next election is. 3 line whip a go go.

ransos
    Free Member

I suspect that negotiations will need to be more conciliatory if May wants support in Parliament.

Junkyard
    Free Member

technically the queen[ actually the crown] asks someone to form their govt and they can ask anyone [ who is an MPP iirc] to do this

This is essentially a formality

project
    Free Member

she will be told to resign, shes a liability to a failing party, and a chap on sky tv saying an election before end of the year.

Strong and Stable My ARSE.

kimbers

Hmmm might have been wrong about the DUP

seems they do like May, shes now beholden to a bunch of ultra-right wingers

not so great news for everyone

tjagain

FunkyDunc – Member

Should Nicola Sturgeon resign ?

Nope – still the largest party in scotland by a long way and still the 3rd largest party in the UK. Independence is off the radar tho and she needs to do a load of hard thinking. the scottish election was very much SNP v the rest and union v independence

thegreatape – Member

Ruth Davidson kicking herself about not going for a Westminster seat.

Can someone do both, or would she have to stand down as an MSP? [/quote]

She could do both but she won’t. Far too smart to be tainted by running for Westminster and happy as a big fish in a small pond. Not right wing enough for westminster tory either

richmtb

Should Nicola Sturgeon resign

Even using special Ruthie Tank Commander maths I can’t find a way of making 13 + 7 + 4 add up to more then 35

The SNP had a poor night, they need to consider their message around if / when another 2nd referendum would happen but they are still the dominant party in Scotland

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,617 total)

The topic ‘Should Theresa May resign?’ is closed to new replies.