Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Should the term 'Jeremy Kyle' be regarded as offensive?
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

I believe so.

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s like people can’t even be bothered to put the effort in anymore 🙁

maccruiskeen

Its a useful indicator. In terms of what it says about someone who uses it as an identifier.

wwaswas

*puts hand up*

It was me wot used it.

I don;t know – sink estate/jeremy kyle/NEET/etc they’re all verbal/written shorthand that conveys an image/meanign to others.

It’s like the whole ‘chav’ thing yesterday. People who take offence at it on here aren’t, in all honesty, going to be the sort of people it might be considered as applying to.

There is a section fo society for whom an appearance on Jeremy Kyle/in Take a Break is some sort of achievement.

I could have said, “people who have never worked, who’s parents who have probably never worked, who see living off the state as an acceptable lifestyle for them and any children they might have, who show no respect for each other, their children or society as a whole, who are more likley to be involved with Social Services/the Police and other government agencies, perceive a decent house, furniture and food as a right which bears no responsibilities” but that’s quite long winded.

scuzz
    Free Member

Let’s generalise – thinking about things is too hard

RustySpanner

As in ‘Clegg’?

Dog Clegg, horse Clegg, bull Clegg, ‘watch out you don’t step in that huge, steaming Clegg’ etc etc.

maccruiskeen

*puts hand up*

sorry, I was generalising. My post looks pointed now. 🙂

elzorillo
    Free Member

I get offended by people who get offended easily.. is that offensive ❓

joao3v16
    Free Member

Should the term ‘Jeremy Kyle’ be regarded as offensive?

No it shouldn’t. But it will be.

wwaswas

My post looks pointed now.

I wasn’t offended 🙂

Watched that “999: Emergency” prog on telly earlier in the week – it was lookign at Police involvement with those in Blackpool who might be considrerd to fit the ‘Jeremy Kyle’ mould.

All I can say is that, after an hour of watching it, I was in touch with my inner Tory about paying for it out of my taxes

And at the same time desparatly sad that the life choices they’d made or had thrust upon them had led people to think that the way they were living was somehow ‘ok’.

One woman who clearly had children from the pictures on ther wall had had 140 separate interactions with the Police in something like 2 years and yet was laughing and joking about it.

Life’s complicated, brutal and sad – sometimes a bit of sweeping generalisation helps get me through the day.

GrahamS

Yes.

globalti
    Free Member

What is this “Jeremy Kyle”? I’m too busy working, eating, sleeping and cycling to watch TV.

ThePinkster

globalti – Member
    What is this “Jeremy Kyle”? I’m too busy working, eating, sleeping and cycling to watch TV.

Correct answer.

maccruiskeen

What is this “Jeremy Kyle”?

its the future subject of a Class Action Suit. Hopefully.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

All I can say is that, after an hour of watching it, I was in touch with my inner Tory

😆 😆 😆

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve never seen his work either – is he like the new Jerry Springer?

Cougar

He’s a bit like Jerry Springer crossbred with a Jack Russell.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

maccruiskeen – Member

What is this “Jeremy Kyle”?

its the future subject of a Class Action Suit. Hopefully.

Is that not the kind of clobber that James Bond wears?

So what is the antithesis of Jeremy Kyle?

“he/she was a total David Dimbleby”? just askin like… 😉

igm

I find him quite assuming in a “laugh at the idiots who ring in” sort of way.

Part of me likes to think they’re all subversives taking the micky – even though I know they’re not.

Pook

obviously not too busy to know he’s on tv.

GrahamS

For those feigning ignorance:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iJIf9uj-X1I[/video]

MussEd
    Free Member
    alpin
    Free Member

charlie brooker… class!

jeremy kyle is the lowest common denominator.

yunki
    Free Member

only if you’re applying it to a particularly loathsome self important oik that gets a kick from bullying those less fortunate than himself..

mikeconnor
    Free Member

have to wonder just hoew arrogant Kyle would be, if faced with those he likes bullying as part of his ‘job’, if he wasn’t protected by large minders. Probably not very, i’d guess. nasty hateful man.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Andrew really is a charmer isn’t he?

deviant
    Free Member

Mikeconnor, it says a lot about the scum on his show that there is the need for minders.
    If those cretins were capable of holding a conversation and arguing a point without resorting to violence then the security wouldn’t be needed.

Gweilo
    Free Member

GrahamS thanks for the link I laughed until I cried.

What a lovely little man the “Star in the Hood” was. There’s an argument for putting him in a bag with some bricks and throwing him in the nearest canal. And we get to pay for him and his assorted progeny lol makes me gald to be alive…

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Should the term 'Jeremy Kyle' be regarded as offensive?’ is closed to new replies.