Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Should the retirement age for men and women be the same?
  • poppa
    Free Member

Lots of ‘You’re sexist.’, ‘No, YOU’RE sexist!’ flying around at the mmoment. I’ve heard the titular argument a couple of times too. In an effort to promote adult discussion, and absolutely NOT incite some kind of-flame war, what does STW think?

Should the retirement age for men and women be the same? Or, since men live shorter lives, should the retirement age even be younger for men? Is it sexist to make men work longer?

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Women should retire later.

Lets face it:-

They live longer so should have the same retirement years as blokes

They earn less (cos they’re not as good at jobs as men) so need to work longer to get a good pension

Most of the lazy mares have already had a few years off squeezing puppies.

There – I think my argument is convincing……

phil.w
    Free Member

“Man may work from sun to sun,
    But woman’s work is never done.”

Why should there be a retirement age for anyone? Retire when you can afford to, and if you are capable and want to why should you not be able to keep working?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Some people need forcing to take a break and enjoy themselves.

I don’t see the point of a retirement age though, as above – retire when you can afford to. But then retirement is only a notion anyway, there are loads of people older than retirement age working all over the country.

And as such, the government have abolished the default retirement age, which was apparently 65 for both sexes?:
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Pensionsandretirementplanning/Working/DG_184309

duckman

Retire when you can afford to,

Cool! I will be combining being the oldest person on earth with finishing work!

Blackhound

Should be the same imo – equal opportunities for all. See no problem retiring when you choose at say 75 or 80 but usually it is around when the state pay the OAP. This should be paid to everybody at the same age.

(Cannot imagine wanting to be working past 65, I finished last year at 51 and happy as a sandboy – even an hour into a strong headwind this morning had me smiling inside before turning for home)

cranberry
    Free Member

Men should retire at 65 and women 70 – just for the next 66 years to even things out, you know, for the sake of equality.

Conscription for women only would also be a nice idea ( as long as they get the uniforms right ).

sweepy
    Free Member

“Man may work from sun to sun,
    But woman’s work is never done.”

That’ll be why they dont get paid as much 🙂

hora
    Free Member

REtirement age for ladies should be dropped to 25. Then us blokes get to look at nubile ladies (at least outside the home).

soobalias
    Free Member

i had a couple of years off squeezing puppies, they called that Uni.

chewkw
    Free Member

I vote for the same.

🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Should the retirement age for men and women be the same?’ is closed to new replies.