• This topic has 54 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Should the EU thread be closed?
  • zippykona

Ultimately there’s nothing we can do about whether it happens or not.
    No one can tell me how much my chocolate will cost so it’s of no practial use.
    It’s not even funny.
    Obviously it causes the mods grief.
    I say close it.
    Ps feel free to close this.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

The only benefit I can see is that it’s a place to cover each new ****storm as they come to light and saves a series of new ****storm specific threads being formed one after the other.

scotroutes

Nah. If Brexit crops up on any other threads then folk can be pointed in that direction. Keeping it one place makes it easy to avoid.

Personally, I blame that Matt_OutandAbout fella for starting it all. If anyone deserves a ban, it’s him.

rOcKeTdOg

Keeps the usual suspects busy & away from the other threads so i say keep it open

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I don’t read it. Simples

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Simples

You’d think so…

oldnpastit

I have to admit I haven’t really been keeping up with it as much as I should be recently, despite Brexit.

thecaptain
    Free Member

That applies to all political threads and many others besides. If it wasn’t there the topic would crop up all over the place. Easy ignored for those who don’t want to read it.

rOcKeTdOg

We could have a referendum

km79
    Free Member

It should be kept open along with the trump one, but only accessible to the top 10% of posters of the thread. The same posters should be blocked from all other threads.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Another?

rOcKeTdOg

Onzadog – Member
    Another?

Yep, yes or no to keeping the thread open

welshfarmer

Definitely not. It is my go to thread for (largely) grown up debate on the subject. Living out in the sticks and working alone I do not get much chance to hear other peoples views unless I go to the pub on the weekend. And you would swear everyone one in the pub is fed on a constant diet of the Daily Mail and “Farage TV”, so kind of not my scene really.

Appreciate it gets a bit samey but the level of debate that does come through (often between the lines I admit) is way up there compared to most forums I frequent. Here’s hoping for 2000 pages 🙂

salad_dodger

If the thread is closed the usual suspects will just start arguing on the next thread. Time for a cull of the trolls.

tomd
    Free Member

Keeps the usual suspects busy & away from the other threads so i say keep it open

This. It’s just unreadable trolling and bickering, but it’s clearly keeping some folk busy and “contained”.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Even if we had a vote on it some silly sod would demand another if it didn’t go their way.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Yes.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Can we make it advisory?

zokes
    Free Member

Even if we had a vote on it some silly sod would demand another if it didn’t go their way.

Quite, only they’d be doing so before the result was announced, and then change their mind rather quickly the moment the result went their way by a very unconvincing margin.

teethgrinder

Keep it open.
    Mandate a ‘P’ for access.
    ‘P’ must be burgundy with 27 little yellow stars around it.

dudeofdoom

Leave it open unmoderated if it’s causing mods issues.

There’s an intreasting mix of views on it and I like seeing other people’s insights.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

What, you’re bored of the topic so you think no-one else should be allowed to talk about it?

(Did you vote leave, by any chance?)

AD

No – if you don’t like the thread don’t read it…

eulach

Leave it open unmoderated if it’s causing mods issues.

Sandboxstyle.
    Things normally find a balance if left to themselves.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

This is a Brexit thread? Thought it was THM Jamba clan V IGM Zippy clan political dance off..

Just joking folks

scotroutes

What tyres for a sandbox?

Fat ones presumably.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Just block out every 3rd word.It will save the mods bother and likely as not make more sense.

Poopscoop

I’m just a”casual” poster on it.

It need to be there, it’s a pressure release valve.

I certainly use it as such after watching the news sometimes…

If it’s closed another one will start anyway, if not many more.

Cougar

I can’t speak for the other moderators, but that’s the primary reason I’ve not closed it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I say leave it open, you can’t “un-mod” it because it’s on a public forum and there are some folks that like entertaining themselves on it.
    Also, if it was closed those forum members would take the argument to new/other threads and the forum would end up being cluttered with multiple same topic threads.

Also, despite the bickering in there, the topic is important to all. Some of the posters are both passionate and informed on thier point of view, you might not like what they have to say but let them speak. This leads me to believe that intelligent conversations on such divisive a subject should continue, with the obvious moderation considerations. (Sorry Mods)

Warnings have been issued and communicated, let the posters in there decide whether they want to follow the directive or not.

I vote to remain it being open 😆

Rorschach
    Free Member

Open.Think of it as a muppet creche.

lunge

Nah. If Brexit crops up on any other threads then folk can be pointed in that direction. Keeping it one place makes it easy to avoid.

Very much this for me.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Do you care? I’d much rather post on here about getting to Twickenham as I did earlier in the week and got a raft of brilliant advice and offers. I just don’t bother reading such bore off subject matter, mainly because this little community we have here can have absolutely no influence on it whatsoever, where as me getting to Twickenham easily was something (yes I’m going to use that h word) the hive sorted in a flash. So in short, ignore it and hopefully it will go away, just like that headset one did eventually 😉

Poopscoop

Rorschach – Member
    Open.Think of it as a muppet creche.

Leave voter?

See what I mean, it’s NEEDED. 😀

Edukator
    Free Member

Despite the bickering it’s still a useful source of information to me at least. There are still people prepared to counter the fake news using solid arguments backed up with reliable links and they are all in one place.

deadkenny
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member

Only with a guarantee we can have another on just before the final action, just to be sure we truly want it open or closed.

And then based on that, a referendum on independence for the chat forum. Who needs all this talk about bikes after all? 😀

Marin
    Free Member

Is it as bad as the single pivot debate thread?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Poops…..nope 8)
    On the plus side it’s helped my inhabit my blackout script list.

tjagain

Not read this whole thread. Its certainly run its course. Its only worth it now for comedy value.

cloudnine
    Free Member

The price of chocolate will definitely go up.
    Does it ever go down?
    Effectively due to wage stagnation, inflation and Brexit about to screw over the economy for the foreseeable future. Many people have less money and their money will be worth less (wage stagnation) if the price of imported food goes up. People will be thinking twice about buying cheap cadburys mush, yet alone some posh truffles. Just my opinion.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Should the EU thread be closed?’ is closed to new replies.