Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Should Royal Mail deliver every day?
  • Flaperon

Bit of a stupid question since I’m certain the answer should be “yes”, but wondering if cutbacks allow Royal Mail to legally deliver only 3 days a week.

I live in Didsbury and when the postman isn’t delivering to the wrong place by mistake, he’s not delivering at all. It’s an apartment building with 12 flats, and post only comes about 3 times a week for everyone.

Special Delivery items turn up next day but with a different postman; 1st class is usually 2-3 days and it arrives bundled together with 5 or 6 items. I’m used to getting 1-2 items every day, not 6 things 3 times a week.

Royal Mail are impossible to contact on the issue – the online form simply says that if stuff comes within 15 days it’s good enough, and no-one answers the phone.

Cheers,

Dave.

project
    Free Member

Had the same problem, ring RM on 08457 740 740, and listen for the option about complaints, be pushy about it, and then a week latter ring again and when it gives you the option of has the complaint been reported before press that number, and give the story again.

Strangely Singletrack arrived ion monday , 2 weeks early, as opposed to 2 weeks latter.

sucklingmatt
    Free Member

i’m confused, I thought the idea was that the post man was supposed to come everyday, or do i live in some sort of rose tinted world

nickjb
    Free Member

Wouldn’t bother me if they came less often. Nothing important or urgent comes by regular post does it? Bills, junk, bank statements, etc. Important stuff like toys get delivered by a different postie or another company.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Should Royal Mail deliver every day?’ is closed to new replies.