• This topic has 22 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Should POTUS be stripped of his Nobel Peace Prize?
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

For my money he appears to be no better than the last bloke. Remind me what he did to earn his Nobel Prize anyway.

chewkw
    Free Member

Yes, he is amongst one of the axis of evil in the west … 🙄

I am usually for kicking the backside of the Ta-lib but in this case I think he is aiding the Ta-lib and their affiliation.

At the moment they are trying their best to make a case for military action but I think they have forked tongues.

For them this is an opportunity to gain grounds geographically so that they can encircle Iran.

I hope Russia and China start to flex their muscle a bit more as the West is really getting full of themselves in political correctness and their heads are getting bigger if someone don’t check on them (their PC expansion). Someone got to deflate those inflated heads …

There should not be one superpower but many to balance each other out.

Nuke each other please. I want to see aircraft carriers being sank (haven’t seen that in my life yet), nuclear subs rot at the bottom of the sea by simple technology, hunter killer subs shooting each other and supersonic dogfight. I want to see them all live on news.

🙄

p/s: Nobel Peace Prize? Who invented this shite? Nobel? You mean commercial endorsement?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Remind me what he did to earn his Nobel Prize anyway.

Nominations made 12 days after he had taken office.

Blatant opportunism from the Nobel lot, and rather sad.

stumpyjon

He’s not as bad as some of his predecessors but he’s not exactly earnt it either. As Flashy says poor call by the awarding committee seeming based on the fact he’s black and POTUS, would have expected a bit more personally.

chewkw
    Free Member

stumpyjon – Member

He’s not as bad as some of his predecessors but he’s not exactly earnt it either. As Flashy says poor call by the awarding committee seeming based on the fact he’s black and POTUS, would have expected a bit more personally.

Yes, they were all so eager to jump on the PC bandwagon that they couldn’t wait to give the award away.

🙄

p/s: as for our Dear Leader Hague … give it up mate … you are looking like a joke if you think you look tough. Bottom line your appearance on the political scene at age 16 spoils it all.

Northwind

I reckon it was designed more as a statement “The last guy sucked balls, so have a peace prize just for not being him, don’t do what he did”. This apparently doesn’t work.

Lifer
    Free Member

He’s in good company with Kissinger.

It’s almost as if Obama was awarded it for what he said he was going to do.

BigJohn

His sabre rattling seems to have had an effect. Threatening to bomb a country isn’t quite as bad as bombing a country you know.

irc

He isn’t the first or last to be awarded a prize for talking a good game. And being black probably helped as well.

loddrik
    Free Member

He got the award for not being Bush, and lets be honest, with the exception of the fools who voted for him, I think the whole world was glad to see the back of Dubya. Abu Musab Al Zacharwi would have prob got the Nobel had he succeeded Bush too.

I think Obama is prob a pretty good guy but he’s hamstrung by the prevailing US foreign policy and Repulicans who absolutely hate the fact that the President is a black man and will do whatever they can to prevent him fulfilling any sort of per election promises he made (see healthcare bill).

chewkw
    Free Member

loddrik – Member

I think Obama is prob a pretty good guy but he’s hamstrung by the prevailing US foreign policy and Repulicans who absolutely hate the fact that the President is a black man and will do whatever they can to prevent him fulfilling any sort of per election promises he made (see healthcare bill).

They want a “black poster boy” as president to tell the world that they are fair in order to use this PC strategy to disarm others. Problem is that everyone sees that coming …

I blame the Norwegian/Swedish for starting all this shite about nobel this and that. Why on earth do they want to get involve in the world I don’t know …

br
    Free Member

I must be either getting old or just live in a different world, but I had to Google ‘POTUS’…

chewkw
    Free Member

b r – Member

I must be either getting old or just live in a different world, but I had to Google ‘POTUS’…

Omg! (<-hate this) Welcome to the world of texting … 😆

CountZero

Ha! I had to think about it and read a couple of posts to get the context before I worked it out, but I’m already familiar with the term ConUS-only (ContinentalUS), from eBay sales. 😀

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Googled: POTUS.

Answer: no.

Reason. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Reason. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

The Nobel Peace Prize is generally awarded in recognition of what an individual has achieved, rather than what it is hoped they might achieve in the future, so hindsight shouldn’t really be necessary.

I’m surprised Tony Blair hasn’t been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, I’m sure he feels he deserves it, how come the Norwegian Nobel Committee don’t appear to agree ?

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

I’m surprised Tony Blair hasn’t been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, I’m sure he feels he deserves it, how come the Norwegian Nobel Committee don’t appear to agree ?

Perhaps they need Coca Cola sponsorship endorsement? 😆

jambalaya
    Free Member

So you are supposed to allow a government to slaughter its own people with chemical weapons and do nothing ?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No, you should join in and kill some more with cruise missiles.

But only after UN inspectors have left of course – you wouldn’t want to kill or harm any of them.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I too had to google potus…

*feels old and out of the inner circle 😐

onehundredthidiot

[video]http://youtu.be/Zcd1Cx2x5lk[/video]

jodafett

There’s also a FLOTUS 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

More wannabe yanks on the forum eh? Using “POTUS”…
    Yeah, can I get a heads up and touch base with you on the Potus issue, dude? Reach out to me later. BARF!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Should POTUS be stripped of his Nobel Peace Prize?’ is closed to new replies.