Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Should I worry? New wheel dished to perfection and sitting over to one side.
  • mud-monster
    Free Member

Should I worry? New wheel dished to perfection and sitting over to one side.
    It is on my Cove Hand job.. 1 year old. I thought it was the old wheel until I fitted this new one. Its only a few mm at most BUT it makes me sad! Cheers guys

slackalice
    Free Member

Ive experienced similar with a new rear wheel built by an lbs, IIRC, it was about 3 – 5mm off centre. I dont have a dishing tool, so couldn’t give myself another factor to query. All my other wheels were fine and centred, so I set up some zip tie guides and set about with the spoke key to what I can only describe as ‘pulling and pushing’ the spokes until it was centred to the frame.

Yours however, with your old wheel presumably showing the same, sounds like you might want to get your frame checked. Have you checked both wheels in another frame?

mud-monster
    Free Member

Wheel was built by pro wheel builder on his £2000 jig.
    I think the frame has always been like this.
    Are all Hand Job frames like this or just mine?
    I am working in a little bike shop tomo and sure I will try a few wheels.

scaredypants

put the wheel in the other way round and it should be out just the same as before if the frame’s at fault (assuming it’s not an offset frame/wheel – by design)

Andy-R

Reverse the wheel in the frame and see if it’s still offset to the same side – if so, it’s the frame. If not, and the error is the other side, it’s the wheel.

Edit – Beaten to it……..

Spin
    Free Member

I went through every conceivable combo and still mine wouldn’t sit straight.

Turned out to be a blob of paint on the drop out.

mud-monster
    Free Member

Good plan guys… So Frame then… Still closer on drive side with wheel flipped 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Should I worry? New wheel dished to perfection and sitting over to one side.’ is closed to new replies.