Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Should I tip?
  • Bunnyhop

We're having a shed erected as I type.
    The chap arrived on time, in a newish truck, smartly turned out and very polite.
    He's working away in this heat and the shed is perfect.

However I discovered only £3.00 in my purse. Would that be an insult to tip? Or should I just be typically British and not give a penny?

highclimber
    Free Member

its hardly a tip. for me it would have to be a £5 at least. you can't even buy a pint in some pubs for £3!

stumpyjon

Personally I wouldn't and yes £ 3 would be insulting. Instead makesure he's fully drinked up and otherwise sorted for susitmance.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sub from neighbour? Bank?

pk-ripper
    Free Member

do you have a few beers or couple of bottles of wine in lieu of cash?

BigDummy
    Free Member

What do we pay for such an erection?

I've tipped 33% to removal men before now.

hels
    Free Member

Check book ??

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I just went to pick up a cheque from a client and he gave me a crisp twenty with it for being "a pleasure to have in the house". But he's a plumber himself and understands such things.

Gave me a rather fine Friday feeling 🙂

Three squid is a bit of an insult TBH. Wine or beer and explain that you don't have any cash?

Bunnyhop

Plenty of drinks while erecting. He's now gone so I'm going to shamelessly give him a plug;

M.J. Scott portable buildings ( An established family run firm)
    11 Massie St.
    Cheadle, Stockport. SK8 1BW

Just found out we did pay quite a bit more then going on the internet and for erecting, so don't feel too guilty.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

you paid him more for erecting?

you should have saved money by asking him to do it flaccid.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

you should have saved money by asking him to do it flaccid.

Badoom-TISH 😕

spacemonkey

You're right, £3 would've been offensive IMO.

I remember giving £20 to the guys who fitted by double-glazing a few years back. I would have liked to have given more but was spending a fortune doing the place up.

Also bought lunch (not that sort – I was heading into town anyway) and gave a tip to the guy who did my cladding shortly after.

Am still waiting for the curry that a mate promised me when I laid a patio foundation for his outdoor office 2 years go. He reckons he's going to cough up the end of this month – nom noms.

EDIT:

do you have a few beers or couple of bottles of wine in lieu of cash?

great idea

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Should I tip?’ is closed to new replies.