Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Should I sell or not?? Testing the water…sorry!
  • MaxWall
    Free Member

Sitting in my garage are a set of Maverick SC32 forks with wheel(mavic717) and hub.

The likelyhood of me getting round to giving them the service they really need(new seals, oil etc) is very low indeed.

Just seeing if any interest is out there for these??
    *awaits silly offers of 50p*

Hope this is ok in this forum?

Thanks

Jamie
    Free Member

Crazy idea. Why not put them up for sale in the classifieds, and see if you sell them?

amedias
    Free Member

52p?

In all seriousness, if they were fixed and ready to ride would you use them? if so then fix them, if not then sell them.

If you decide to sell then the question of service comes dow to pure £, would you recover cost of service when you sell?

I’m looking to buy a set, but only serviced and ready to ride ones, I can’t be bothered with buying a fixer-upper, so would pay more for a decent set, but not sure how that ‘more’ equates to the cost of the seals and service.

AlexSimon

A couple of the bits are hard to get now (dropouts for one), so it’ll be worth something to someone.
    Hard to know how much though. I was looking for a set recently (for a dropout) and was fortunate to get given a set of DUC32s. I guess I’d have paid a £100 or so in order to keep my bike going.

cookeaa

Spare forks and wheels sat in the Garage and you’ve not stared not browsing frames?

I thought it was standard form to use having two used major components already laying about as adequate justification to throw lots more money at a whole new build…

Flog em, they’ll just sit there taunting you otherwise…

Yak

Sell them. It’s worth something to someone, and worth nothing just sitting in your garage. I’m sure we are all guilty of stockpiling stuff, then eventually having a clearout. At that point I always regret not getting rid of the stuff at the point when I stopped using it. The sooner it’s gone, the sooner you have a bit more cash for something you really need.

tomhoward

Too niche, too expensive, no warranty.

Oops, wrong thread

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Should I sell or not?? Testing the water…sorry!’ is closed to new replies.