Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Should I sell my cycling related business? and if so where?
  • fettling
    Free Member

Ok so I have a cycling related business, well my biggest selling product range is cycling related anyway. I have been running it for 4 years and it brings in a 2nd income that was essential.

I have recently had a promotion at work and no longer “need” the income and therefore my enthusiasm is starting to wane. Business is still good, but fitting the extra work in around my main job is proving increasingly hard, especially with the demands of my promotion.

I could sell the business, although I am not sure where… my guess is it would be worth about £10K at the moment. I could hang on to it and keep it ticking along, my concern is my lack of enthusiasm will damage the brand and reduce the value of the business.
    If push comes to shove I could just have a fire sale, sell off the remaining stock cheap and close the door.

Keen to hear from anyone who has been in a similar position and how you worked out what to do.

Thanks.

Rosss
    Free Member

If the business is successful and has room to grow keep it going while you advertise it. If the business is providing a reasonable wage, in the cycle industry someone is going to take it over and if it can grow even better. In fact if I could raise the capital i’m sure I’d love it.

I’d say if the Mods were OK with it i’m sure you’d get a taker on here

Mantastic
    Free Member

What is this said business?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fettling
    Free Member

Hi Mantastic, don’t want to fall foul of the forum rules. I make and sell cufflinks. Checking out my profile should give you an idea.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Should I sell my cycling related business? and if so where?’ is closed to new replies.