Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • should I report this?
  • sideshow
    Free Member

I just got passed by a bus, no collision but pant fillingly dangerously close.
    Had the presence of mind to remember the registration plate.

Is this worth reporting to the bus company our police or just a waste of time for something that is clearly a regular occurrence?

Jamie
    Free Member

Report it. Wot u got too loose?

nickjb
    Free Member

Absolutely report it. Its highly unlikely anything will be done but either the police or the bus company might keep a record and it might be useful if there is another incident with that driver. They might even already be on a warning.

iolo
    Free Member

You will need an independent witness or at least some evidence or the police will tell you to go away.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Report to the bus co. Many modern buses have their own CCTV onboard for theirs and your protection.

brooess
    Free Member

This company sacked the driver

If it was anything like this then send them this link to show that some companies take their responsibilities to other road user seriously, and that the Police may also become involved if you choose to

tomd
    Free Member

I reported an incident to the bus company, essentially aggressive overtake of me on a bike then forcing me to brake as the bus swung round roundabout. Bus company followed it up and sent me a letter to inform of the process. So yes, it is worth it. Driver got a talking to which is all I wanted.

sideshow
    Free Member

Brooess, I have no reason to believe it was deliberate, just careless and dangerous driving.

martymac

i am a bus driver.
    please report it.
    its only by reporting it that this type of driving can be stopped.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Definitely report it to bus company. I’ve done it twice and bus cctv showed their dangerous manoeuvres, and drivers got a warning. Hopefully they now drive more carefully!

devash
    Free Member

It’s definitely worth reporting to the bus company. My friend drives for First buses here in Leeds and every report is followed up and a note made on the driver’s record.

Multiple complaints and the drivers get disciplined.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yes and to the police, even if they do nothing it’s more stats which will get noticed.

project
    Free Member

Insurance fraud against bus and coach operators is massive, they all have cctv fitted to protect them and the customers, report it to the company,they will investigate and do a report, and hopefully one more driver will be re taught how to drive.

But its very rare for a bus or coach driver to drive badly as they have a load of witnesses sitting behind them.

gray

But its very rare for a bus or coach driver to drive badly as they have a load of witnesses sitting behind them.

That’s not far off the daftest thing I’ve ever read. Have you ever cycled in a city?

project
    Free Member

Your opinion and my opinion, i ride and drive and interact with buses every day,mutual respect for all.

gray

OK, so maybe you meant to say that on your routes it’s rare. I’m not sure that you can claim that’s it’s rare overall without being pretty much omnipresent. I can enlighten you though: in some places, bus drivers drive badly a LOT.

sideshow
    Free Member

So a follow up…

I wrote a polite email to the bus company I thought was responsible, but they said the registration number wasn’t one of theirs.

This morning I rang the police on 101 and reported the incident. They said they wouldn’t do anything other than log it, but that they would take action if a pattern emerged (whatever that means – presumably drivers change buses so they’d have to be on the ball enough to spot multiple incidents for the same bus company).

They wouldn’t tell me which bus company owned the license plate.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Sounds stupid but have you googled the reg? Lots of bus spotters out there put pics on Flickr.

sideshow
    Free Member

Well I’ll be darned. A gold star for Pik n Mix and a complaint for the company concerned!

brakes
    Free Member

bus spotters? seriously?

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

yup, report it. If they speak to the driver and it makes him more careful then it’s worth it!

londonerinoz
    Free Member

I thought no chance reading the OP given my own experience, but it seems things have changed since a bus driver rear ended me on Waterloo Bridge about 15 years ago. My frame and rear wheel were a write off yet the bus company stonewalled me and the Police weren’t interested either.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Well I’ll be darned. A gold star for Pik n Mix

Thanks 🙂

bus spotters? seriously?

There’s one, there’s another, and another…. You see them at our local bus station. Bless em. I can see the attraction to steam engines, but your bog standard arriva bus?

Saccades
    Free Member

“Famous” bus spotter on fotopic lost 30,000 bus pictures when it went off-line.

If that’s your thing, that’s your thing – I presume they like a lot of weak lemon drink.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘should I report this?’ is closed to new replies.