Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Should I put my air mattress on the Liverpool care pathway?
  • DrP

I’ve got an alpkit airic that keeps going flat…

This evening I put it in the bath to look for leaks – oddly there were NO air bubble streams under the water. But…once out of the water it was hissing and lightly bubbling all over the place!!

Not just one hole, but it’s as if it’s permeating throughout the whole bed….
    This can’t be right….

Is this an obvious sign the bed is kaput and in need of being retired? I imagine it is…. Or..is this common I.e a small amount of air leakage, and there’s still a bigger hole I need to find!

DrP

scaredypants

Jizz ?

chip
    Free Member

Do it quick before it starts showing signs of getting better .

Targets to meet.

STATO
    Free Member

Plenty of people have returned mats to Alpkit due to not holding air, they had a problem with them at one time. Might be worth an email.

Spud

We’ve one like that too, may as well be a tea bag. The other three are fine.

qwerty
    Free Member

Thats quite a decision to make, personally i’d sleep on it before making a rash decision.

andyl
    Free Member

rickmeister

Thats quite a decision to make, personally i’d sleep on it before making a rash decision that may be a let down, leaving you feeling deflated.

scaredypants

FFS, DrP’s under pressure here and I feel we’re letting him down.

STATO
    Free Member

He’s not under any pressure, stop trying to blow this up out of all proportion.

molgrips
    Free Member

Call them. Sometimes there’s a known issue that companies are keen to rectify but they have no way of letting you know. I once snapped a seatpost and when I called USE to enquire about a replacement (of a stronger type) they said ‘oh you have one of THOSE, they broke all the time we’ll send you out something else for free’

If that fails, try Stan’s in it.

wwaswas

I knew about this days ago. I reckon DrP needs to check for leaks.

scaredypants

wwaswas, how is he going to do that – round up a few suspects and dunk ’em in a bath a few times to soften them up ?

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Having a very good mate in the lcp, this is not something to joke about. End it.

Squidlord
    Free Member

It must be quite a blow to find that your airbed always needs inflating. I was going to post a smart-arse comment, but instead I think I’ll just lilo for a while.

EDIT: cross post. Best wishes to your friend, @doncorleoni

scaredypants

Hang on ! Is this a stw euphemism/allegory thread ?

DrP, is your “mattress losing pressure” or is this to do with deflation in the eurozone ?

brack
    Free Member

Is the Liverpool care pathway something to joke about ???

Lost my mum two years ago.. Sad circumstances but very quickly the LCP provided us with a clearer journey to ending mums suffering.

Come on guys… Bloody Stop and think !

scaredypants

donC, sorry to hear about your mate. LCP is a good thing in general, despite adverse publicity. Beyond one (targets-bashing as I read it) line, I’m not sure anyone’s really dissing the process or those unlucky enough to need it.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Brack +1 mods please delete this thread. Thanks.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Yeah the lcp is brilliant…… Really bloody brilliant better than all of us can imagine. I know this thread was in jest but it hit a nerve.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Should I put my air mattress on the Liverpool care pathway?’ is closed to new replies.