Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Should I or shouldn’t I… that is the question – calling all Mojo/Enduro owners
  • psychle
    Free Member

I bought an S-works Enduro at Christmas, ’twas on 50% off and was quite the deal (£1500 for a complete bike inc the E150 fork). However, for some time prior to this purchase, I’d been lusting after the Ibis Mojo, but it was simply too expensive to buy from Stif. I’d been wanting a 5-6″ ‘all mountain’ stylee bike for a while so when the Enduro appeared I went for it, and to be honest I haven’t regretted it, it’s an excellent bike (and I haven’t had any real issues with the fork or shock, though I did get the dealer to swap them out for the newer ’09 internals so that’s probably helped…)

Fast forward to today and Stif are now discounting the older Ibis down to a more realistic (though still expensive!) £1349. My LBS owes me around £200-£300 credit for denting my Yeti ASR and they also happen to be the London Ibis stockist, so I could get a Mojo for around a grand or so… sell on my Enduro frame for around £700 (without the fork) and I can have my Mojo for around £300 nett… ’tis tempting.

But, will I really notice any difference between the frames (I’ll be running exactly the same fork, wheels, brakes etc.)? Has anyone done a direct comparison between the two? If so, what were your thoughts?

I’m honestly happy with the Enduro, but my heart desires the Mojo (I guess maybe it was the first bike I’ve ever looked at and fallen in love with! and maybe love isn’t rational eh? 🙄 ) But I guess I should try to inject some rationality into the debate, maybe?

What say ya’ll?

Kramer
    Free Member

You’ve got an excellent bike already. Why swap, unless it was to something completely different?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

never owned either, and only ever ridded the spesh badly set up on a demo day.

But of the two i’d get the mojo because it looks so feking ACE!!!!!

Mugboo

Mojo is fugly dude

pedalhead
    Free Member

If you’re lusting after a Mojo & you’ve got the money, I’d go for it. I’m sure both bikes are technically fine, but feeling good about the bike you ride is priceless…imho.

nickc

It’s your hobby, you do this for fun, if you want the Ibis and you can afford it, then do the deal, and enjoy it.

psychle
    Free Member

ah, you guys 🙂 that’s the thing isn’t it, whilst my Enduro is an excellent bike, it’s not where my heart is at 🙁 I can feel a mojo coming on, I really can 😀 Only issue is that I can’t get a naked carbon, Stif only have a blue or guinness foam in medium…

pedalhead
    Free Member

Guiness foam looks wicked

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

check the sizing,

the spesh’s ive sat on fel bery big and the only ibis i’ve sat on was very small (both theoreticaly the right size).

psychle
    Free Member

ha ha, it’s listed on the classifieds now if anyone is interested… £750 sounds fair, we’ll see if anyone is keen 😀

smurf
    Free Member

Check the bike forum from a few days ago – there was a thread on Mojos. A few people gave comments on sizing.

FWIW I’m 5 foot 11 and Ibis recommended a large, and it’s ideal for me.

smurf

AndyPaice
    Free Member

is the Mojo rated for triple clamp forks? (the E150s) Any issues with putting those forks on a carbon frame?

psychle
    Free Member

not sure on the triple clamp deal… I’ll email Ibis to check I guess. Would like to keep the E150, I think it’s an excellent for tbh 😀 As for carbon, my Enduro is carbon so no problemo’s on that front I wouldn’t think…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Should I or shouldn’t I… that is the question – calling all Mojo/Enduro owners’ is closed to new replies.