Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Should I or Should'nt I
  • Nezbo
    Free Member

I am thinking i might change my SS for rigid to a hard tail. What do the masses think?

BigDummy
    Free Member

If you do this, it will have frontal suspending, isn't it?

tinsy
    Free Member

Try it, but it could be a slippery slope…. I went from ss rigid to 1×9 rigid to 1×9 Hardtail to 27 Hardtail.

Guess I am just not as niche as I used to be! They was all good in their own way but the latest incarnation is easily the most versatile.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

I've gone the other way. Full suss to rigid single speed. The biggest thing for me was the inefficiency of the suspension. Put you foot on the pedal on a rigid SS and the bike moves. Do the same on a front or full suss and the suspension will compress before the bike moves. I guess I like the immediacy of the power transfer.

tracknicko
    Free Member

of course you should.

its not a road bike is it? the above ^ is epically valid for a road bike, but the second you go off road there are so many more factors to consider than the squish of your forks when you put in a pedal stroke.

give me susspenners any day. faster, more controllable, easier to ride stuff.

get it on!

Nezbo
    Free Member

I already have a hardtail, a full sus, and a road bike but converting my SS in to a hardtail, I possible defeating the object of a simple bike. I got it because there is nothing to it and less to go wrong…

I am unsure what to do;

I think I might regret putting shocks on it and wasting hundreds of pounds that I do not have…

tracknicko
    Free Member

if you already have a hardtail… and you dont have the money to make a new hardtail…

why are you asking?

Nezbo
    Free Member

i want convincing either way, the other hardtail has gears though…

oldfart

Harsh isn't it ?

allthepies
    Free Member

MTFU – rigid rocks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Should I or Should'nt I’ is closed to new replies.