Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Should I leave negative feedback? Actually I'm going to whatever you think!!
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

MrsSB birthday today (Friday) and last weekend I decided to buy her a new tennis racquet.

I found the one I wanted on Monday morning and bought from an ebay shop who shipped using Royal Mail 1st class signed for delivery (according to the item description) so I reckoned I should receive it maybe Wednesday but probably Thursday (as estimated by ebay).

On Wednesday I hadn’t received any shipping confirmation or other emails from the shop so I sent them a message requesting confirmation that my purchase had been shipped – no reply.
    Yesterday I called them and they couldn’t find a dispatch note but rang me back 30 mins later to say that they had sent it out on Wednesday afternoon using Myhermes. For those that don’t know, Myhermes is a 3-5 day service.

So I’ve now had to tell my wife that her present hasn’t arrived and she reckons I didn’t order it until Wednesday! Luckily I had bought her something else (that she likes) from the kids so I’m not completely screwed.

Anyway, on the basis that the crappy company took two days to dispatch the item and sent it using a much slower service than advertised they are going to get some negative feedback from me as I wouldn’t have used them if it hadn’t said they shipped first class.

Am I bad man?

bigyim
    Free Member

Maybe neutral feedback? And wee in their shoes

theflatboy
    Free Member

They didn’t send it within the timeframe they stated. That’s a negative AFAIC.

scaredypants

she reckons I didn’t order it until Wednesday!

show her the email, if either of you is really worried

company took two days to dispatch the item

not unreasonable, I’d say (we’ve been spoilt by some online sellers who are massively geared up for it and efficient)

much slower service than advertised

if they specified this in their info, than you could have a moan about that

Ultimately, you left it too late to be sure of receiving

Neutral ?

higgo
    Free Member

If this is a big issue, you need a new wife.
    Or a new you.

warton
    Free Member

company took two days to dispatch the item

When did the listing say they would send it? most say within 3 working days.

But, saying RM 1st class special, and then not using that is not on.

Drac

The company to me sent it out in a reasonable time scale, they didn’t post it in the conditions you say you paid for however but you were very last minute with sorting the present and bizarrely you wife doesn’t trust you.

Neutral feedback or ask for a refund on postage and if they come good then positive.

scaredypants

who changed the title then – sharkbait or drac ? 😆

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’d say neg if they genuinely advertised speedy despatch/delivery in their spiel, neutral if it’s in the auto ebay generated stuff that most would take with a pinch of salt.
    At the end of the day, you left it too late. Not criticizing like, it’s a typical bloke trait.

numbnut
    Free Member

Firstly, “I found the one I wanted” and then to only start looking less than a week before her birthday?

Wrong on both counts (to a womans eyes anyway)

Don’t ask me how i know this.

Best Regards
    Numbnut (divorced and single but happy)
    Hertfordshire

😆

richmtb

The only time I ever left negative feed back was over postage.

I was charged £2 for Royal Mail first class for a Microsoft Points card.

It was sent to me with a single first class stamp (postage under paid) so it took a week to get to me and I had to pay to collect it from the local PO.

Contacted the seller saying this was not on and he should refund the postage cost he ignored me so I left negative feedback. He stopped ignoring me at that point and sent a stroppy mail asking why I left negative feedback over a couple of pounds. I just ignored him and let the feedback stand

So in the OPS case I would ask them to refund postage and leave negative feedback if they don’t. Seems fair as the postage service provided wasn’t as advertised

organic355
    Free Member

can you actually leave negative feedback on ebay anymore?

was trying to leave negative feedback for a buyer the other day as they didnt pay, but you only seemed to be able to leave +ve feedback???

sharkbait
    Free Member

If this is a big issue, you need a new wife.

Noooo, she’s happy 🙂

I only found out what she wanted at the weekend so not a lot I could do about being late. I checked their feedback and it was good with mention of fast delivery, etc.

nickdavies

Sellers can’t leave -ve any more, only buyers.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Sellers can’t leave bad feedback for buyers. It was Ebay’s poor attempt to curb feedback abuse, where sellers won’t leave good feedback until they have first received good feedback themselves (so invalidating the feedback because it was left under duress). Of course now unscrupulous sellers just withhold feedback until they get theirs.

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve only left negative feedback once and that was because something took so long to arrive. When I did so the seller was in touch immediately giving me all sorts of freebies and deals so I would retract my feedback. I got some freebies from them and removed it.

Morally right? Probably not. Bite me.

Drac

who changed the title then – sharkbait or drac ?

No one the title is still the same.

brakes
    Free Member

I ordered a radio from Amazon for my wife’s birthday (there were extenuating circumstances which meant I had two days to get her a present) and paid for guaranteed two day delivery. it turned up a week later. wife wasn’t pleased despite the extenuating circumstances and me proving that I’d paid for quick delivery (which was refunded by Amazon – yeah thanks).
    unfortunately I can’t leave bad feedback for my wife… maybe when she’s back on the market… 😡

aracer
    Free Member

I’d neg for sending something out by a slower means than specified in the advert. Quite often I’ll select between options based on the quoted delivery speed, so if they don’t meet what they quote that’s a big black mark against them. As for dispatch speed, that all depends what they quoted on the ebay ad – if ebay was quoting Thursday delivery for first class, that implies they only claimed to dispatch within 2 days which they did.

scaredypants

Drac – Moderator
    No one the title is still the same

Nah, somebody added “actually I’m going to, whatever you think”

Drac

No they didn’t the give away is the URL.

zilog6128

Assuming the seller is a business, and not just some random having a loft clearout, then yes of course they need to stick to the advertised timescale for delivery.

With so many companies selling seemingly identical products at similar prices then delivery times can be one of the key factors in deciding who to go with, so they can’t just lie about them!

aracer
    Free Member

…which tells you what the original title was, hence the suspicion that it’s been changed.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Drac’s been replaced! Aaaarrrgrhhhhhhhh

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

No one the title is still the same.

😀

scotroutes

You’ve got much bigger issues in your life than late arrival of a gift.

Drac

Oh wait it’s Safari adding the title on the end. I went to paste the URL here and proved myself wrong. The title was when I seen the thread as is it is now. So apologies scardeypants it has been changed but not by me.

scaredypants

disappointed 🙁

cloudnine
    Free Member

The listing is probably months old and specified royal mail as the courier they did use before the prices went through the roof. The listing probably hasn’t been updated as you probably couldn’t even send a tennis racket with royal mail even if you wanted. Blame the government as they are trying to make RM more profitable before they sell it.

slowuphill
    Free Member

buy from a local retailer, pick it up go home…. job done.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Haha, just had an email from eBay

Your item is marked as dispatched.
    Paid on 10-Jun-13
    Dispatched on 14-Jun-13
    Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For

These guys are on the ball!

Drac

Quick show your wife,

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

That “,” really bugs me.

Kahurangi

That “,” really bugs me.

Yeh i really get worked up by sloppy spelling, and grammer. i bet u do, to

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

naah

but the hangin’ “,”

aargh!

Speeder

I just had a similar situation over a Reba fork. Won auction on the Sunday before banks holiday and paid immediately. Sucked up the £15 for Parcelforce 48hr delivery as I know it could have been a bit pricey (but that is borderline p taking) and waited.

Predicted delivery was Thurs/Fri so I dropped them an email on the Friday to ask whether they’d posted it yet with no reply.

Saturday I get a – your item has been dispatched from eBay – no other information provided

Tuesday I contact them via ebay to ask where they are which opens a dispute.

Seller responds with this – “Tracking details were provided? Was dropped off on Saturday at the post office, appears to have only been picked up on Monday” – I didn’t ever get a tracking code.
    Next message sends through code.

Wednesday the item turns up with the tracking stating that it was picked up from customer on the Monday.

Immediately he sees they’ve arrived he asks for dispute to be resolved.
    I say screw him and wait a week like he did me.

Forks Seem ok but I’ve not fitted them yet as I’ve been real busy since that weekend when I did have time to build the bike up.

Gave him Neutral feedback with 5* for the forks and 1* for cost & speed of delivery and communications. I’m pretty forgiving.

My note eBayers to would be – if you are having a bad time and you can’t do what you promised please let people (customers) know.

RichPenny
    Free Member

And my note to whining buyers who are incapable of planning would be – meh.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Should I leave negative feedback? Actually I'm going to whatever you think!!’ is closed to new replies.