Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Should I just let it go?
  • dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Dear customer.

We’ve run out of 2016 Pikes but found a consignment of RST Mozo Pros from 1995 so we’ve stuck them on for you.

Cheers

Bike Manufacturer.

molgrips
    Free Member

Aren’t all tyres tubeless ready? If you use a stans kit or the like?

Yes and no. A few tyres have beads that are too loose, but many non-tubeless ready tyres have thin porous sidewalls. They can still work, but it’ll take weeks to seal fully (like Prince John’s Contis) and the thin sidewalls will give you less support so you’ll have to run higher pressures. Plus you’ll *probably* need CO2 to get them up.

Tubeless tyres are far nicer to work with, I’d be pissed off if I didn’t get them.

nixie

Really? I can’t imagine any shop doing that.

I know shops that have done it. Same with borrowing bits like a seat post to sort a customer out and replacing it with a generic one instead of the bike brands own brand (obv this is makes very little difference).

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Same with borrowing bits like a seat post to sort a customer out and replacing it with a generic one instead of the bike brands own brand (obv this is makes very little difference).

My road bike came with some generic, low spec saddle instead of the one that it should have had according to the brochure, presumably swapped out to meet some immediate need. I was already getting a pretty hefty discount on it though so didn’t kick up much of a fuss.

prezet
    Free Member

As others said, you’ll probably be wanting to change the tyres anyway – just make it clear that you won’t be sourcing them from their shop!

benp1

I’d be pretty annoyed

Can’t they offer you a discount on the right tyres?

chiefgrooveguru

I should add, what would Elsa do?

Dogsby

Well I closed off the issue with an email to the shop yesterday as we were clearly not getting anywhere.

My view was that the advert said Schwalbe EVO Tubeless ready tyres and they supplied Performance tyres that are not tubeless ready. I saw this as a significant change and the shop didn’t. We were never going to agree so I will just have to accept it and they can accept the lack of my future custom.

They did not see it as in anyway their responsibility and offered nothing in the way of recompense. There you go.

Many thanks for all of the support here as I was beginning to think it was just me.

As an aside I am clearly in the market for some tubeless compatible 29er Rocket Rons and have a pair of crap Performance RRs to swap; pretty much the same apparently!!!!

Dogsby

mrlugz
    Free Member

Was it This one?

Where it says

This is an Ex-Demo bike, spec may differ slightly from that listed and the bicycle may show signs of use. There is no warranty on the components, however the frame is still covered by the Manufacturer’s Guarantee.

Just asking.

Dogsby

Mrlugz,

No, not that one but the wording is pretty much exactly the same.

Dogsby

plecostomus
    Free Member

You do know that schwalbe do produce a performance level tubeless tyre, it says tubeless ready on the same icon as the performance icon. I guess you may have spotted this though. If it doesn’t say it then yup the tyre you have is non tubeless and will be a horrible plasticky compound so if swap it anyway.

Most brands state that specification is open to change at anytime so they may have just gone back to the shit tyres rather than the not so shit ones!

angeldust
    Free Member

Hmm, that wording, and it being a ex demo, gives me a bit more sympathy for the shop…..

chestrockwell

Me too. Ex demo, all bets are off IMO.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Should I just let it go?’ is closed to new replies.