• This topic has 40 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by yunki.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • should i have said something?
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Riding to work this morning, on the route I take everyday & had an incident that quite annoyed me.
    Fairly wide road, but with cars parked both sides of the street. Oncoming traffic & a right turn up ahead that I intended to turn down.
    Look over my shoulder, see a car but its a way back so I indicate, wait, then move out to near the centre line ready to make my turn .
    The car behind accelerates & overtakes on my right, into the face of the oncoming traffic before pulling sharply in again.
    I was near the middle of the road, indicating & clearly visible with lights at half seven am.
    Thing is, I recognised the driver, it was a new starter at work.
    I was angry when I got in & contemplated going and having a word, but I know I would have lost my temper & done/said something stupid so I let it pass.
    Would you have said something? Its not the first stupid thing I’ve seen him do in a car, the other day he drove down the wrong side of the road to park on the zigzags at a ped crossing, so I suspect he’s not that open to being advised on road safety!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yes. You’ll probably make no difference at all to him but if you’re anything like me, not saying something will fester and start grinding away at you.

Plus, next time he does it , he’s had fair warning.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Sounds like he needs a slap rather than a talking to!

dannyh
    Free Member

Just remind him that you are helping him in avoiding killing or seriously injuring someone else. If he doesn’t seem bothered then clobber him.

ski
    Free Member

sounds like he might not take too kind to your words if you do mention it.

Could always drop a note on his car at work, mentioning that his driving skills fell below the standard you would expect from an employee working her?

ski
    Free Member

Thinking about it, stuff my idea, have a toilet meeting with the lowlife and wash his head in the toilet

Bunnyhop

If I were you, then yes.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I’m past it now tbh, although I was pee’d off this morning.
    If I was the sort of person who could remain calm no matter the stupidity I possibly would have said something but I lose my temper too easily & work isn’t the place for that really.

Onzadog
    Free Member

So talking to him after you’ve calmed down seems like the best time to do it.

If not for you, do it for the next person he’s likely to kill.

Bunnyhop

Maybe tomorrow when you are calmer and able to have a word without going ape*”^*.

jekkyl

wait until he goes into work and then smash his wing mirror off. 😉

PMK2060

Why not curl a big steaming turd onto his bonnet?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Get some masking tape (or coloured tape if his car is white) and Mark out the shape of a body on his car like they do when someone’s been murdered.

DezB
    Free Member

Would you have said something?

Oh yes, and I have done. In the car park, dancing around him like Ali.
    Not really, just called him a thick tw…

teasel
    Free Member

Don’t clobber him, lean in close, look him in the eye and flick his left gonad with your middle finger as hard as you can. Much more satisfying and far less of a chance of hurting your hand.

Of course, do this after you’ve tried the rational approach…

CountZero

Its not the first stupid thing I’ve seen him do in a car, the other day he drove down the wrong side of the road to park on the zigzags at a ped crossing, so I suspect he’s not that open to being advised on road safety!

As a new starter, it might well be worth getting the message across in writing that his behaviour on the road may well reflect badly on the company, and as a result it could also result in his continued employment.
    As a new starter, he’s easily got rid of with few repercussions.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

CountZero – he’s an agency staffer probably on minimum wage working a moulding press, doubt he gives a shite about the company image!

dannyh
    Free Member

CountZero – he’s an agency staffer probably on minimum wage working a moulding press, doubt he gives a shite about the company image!

Glasgow kiss, then.

boblo
    Free Member

I’d take the pee. Bump into him in the car park and say ‘You never guess what I saw some **** do today…’ etc and shame him. He’ll need really thick skin to ignore that approach…

higthepig
    Free Member

Would you have said something?

Yes, next time it may be closer, hopefully not involving you.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Have a word.

A calm one, as that increases the chances of him taking on board what you’re saying.

Expect him to be defensive because it’s an instinctive reaction, but don’t assume from that that he won’t think about it and take it on board.

(I had a woman once tell me I was driving too close behind her as we both drove through a speed bump riddled industrial estate to our mutual place of work. Despite responding with some sort of withering and dismissive retort, and although in this instance I still don’t think I was too close, I did modify my driving in that area from then on to avoid distressing her and her ilk again. My point is, even if he responds like a dick, he might still take it on board 🙂 )

tymbian
    Free Member

As per dannyh…Glasgow kiss then knee-caps with Bombers.

I’d say something and make sure he knows I d be none to happy if he clipped me with his mirror..

tragically1969
    Free Member

A guy that works in our place did something similar to me, pulled right out on me one day at a junction, he eye-balled me, then just pulled out forcing me into evasive action or end under his wheels I was livid when I got to work marched up to his desk and threatened to knock his teeth down his throat if he came near me again, he didn’t understand what I was so upset about and suggested i was in the wrong, I didn’t feel bad, just even madder !!

squirrelking
    Free Member

boblo – Member
    I’d take the pee. Bump into him in the car park and say ‘You never guess what I saw some **** do today…’ etc and shame him. He’ll need really thick skin to ignore that approach…

Best answer so far. Would have to be a real twunt to own up if you do it in front of a few colleagues.

breadcrumb

I was cut up driving to work one morning by ones of the young lads. I **** reamed him.

He apologised profusely. I couldn’t of not said anything, he almost went head on in a 30.

Junkyard
    Free Member

if i got cut up by someone I knew then yes I would explain to them why what they did was foolish/dangerous/unwise

I would expect it to be more likely to piss them off than be an epiphany moment.

mikey74
    Free Member

Yes, say something.

I was riding to work one day and was stopped at a set of traffic lights. While I was stopped, a woman from work went rolling straight through the red light light on her bike.

When I got to work, she was just coming out of the garage where we store our bikes and I told her what I thought. It involved making things worse for the rest of us cyclists by inciting hatred and lack of respect from other road users (not in those exact words).

GrahamS

I was cut up driving to work one morning by ones of the young lads. I **** reamed him.

Well he won’t do that again. Unless, y’know, he likes getting reamed.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Reamed

njee20
    Free Member

Don’t clobber him, lean in close, look him in the eye and flick his left gonad with your middle finger as hard as you can. Much more satisfying and far less of a chance of hurting your hand.

Brilliant!

breadcrumb

Well that would of been another way of getting a point across I guess.

yunki
    Free Member

Well he won’t do that again.

make the punishment fit the crime and all that

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Glasgow kiss, then.

I’m not sure this is entirely practical for the OP. 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I’m not sure this is entirely practical for the OP.

I’ll bite his kneecaps!

garage-dweller

Does he need to change into safety footwear after his drive in?

Is the shoe rack on the way to the smallest room? And

Are you drinking your recommended 2 gallons of diuretic a day?

Just asking out of curiosity really…

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

If I’d just got into work after it happening I definitely wouldn’t have been able to hold my tongue and would have got a bit sweary. This happened to me recently but it wasn’t a work colleague, he must have overtook me at 45 in a 30 approaching a red light?? Caught the guy at the lights and told him calmly (ish) at first how his driving wasn’t acceptable and that he could have killed me, he shrugged it off and said “whatever” so I lost a bit and got offensive, doubt he’ll change. Standard chav who doesn’t give a ****. If I didn’t catch up with a colleague straight away I’d call him out on it in the canteen and make sure I had an audience, embarrassment is sometimes really good at changing shitty behaviour.

Cougar

I wouldn’t have said something in anger. I’d have absolutely said something when I’d calmed down though. Next time it could be a baby robin’s face.

tomd
    Free Member

Agency? If you have any clout at all in your company get him punted double quick.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes after a suitable time to calm down *. Much better than assault and criminal damage. Why resort to worse behaviour than the driver?

* took me a couple of hours to stop shaking after a taxi took me out the other day.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Clout? Hahahaha…

I doubt very much our 1970’s management will be interested in the views of a machinist from another department, as far as agency staff are concerned they are only concerned with how hard they can work them for how little expense they incur.

aracer
    Free Member

The advantage of such action with somebody like this who’s unlikely to change his ways is that he’s less likely to overtake you on the way to work in future.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘should i have said something?’ is closed to new replies.