Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Should I have got the pushloc remote with this fork?
  • composite
    Free Member

So if you had bought a fork that was described thus:

Travel: 100mm
    Weight 29″: 1564g, *Weight based on 265mm 1-1/8″ steerer, 9mm QR or 15mm Axle
    Damping 29″: Motion Control
    Available Springs: Solo Air
    Adjustments: External Rebound / Lockout Threshold/ Low Speed Compression to Lock / Air pressure via single Schrader valve
    Steerer: 29″: 1-1/8″ aluminum or 1 1/8″ tapered
    Crown: Forged, Hollow AL66 TV Aluminum
    Upper Tubes: 32mm, 7000 series straight wall aluminum
    Lowers: Magnesium, post mount disc brake
    Maximum Rotor Size 215mm
    Colour Options: Black, White
    Remotes: PushLoc remote

Would you have expected to have got the remote with the fork?

wwaswas

I’d have asked – I’d think that’s the description that covers all the models available, not just the specific one you’re buying.

What model was it?

iainc

sounds like a Reba ? If so, and you’ve got the crown top lockout instead you’ve won a watch IMO 🙂 The pushloc/poploc can stick if dirty and I prefer crown top every time

scotroutes

Exactly.

Different axles, colours and steerers are listed as options in that description.

composite
    Free Member

It’s described as 2013 Rockshox Reba RLT forks, 29er model with pushloc remote lockout. I would have preferred the crown lock out tbh. I did expect to get the actual remote with it though.

EDIT: The one I clicked buy next to was the: Black – 100mm Travel – 15mm Axle – Pushloc – Tapered Steerer

scotroutes

If the fork needs the remote to operate then, yes – I’d expect to get the remote with it.

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/frame-forks/forks-shocks/rockshox-suspension-forks/rockshox-reba-rlt-29er-forks-2013.html

??

2013 Rockshox Reba RLT forks, 29er model with pushloc remote lockout.

wwaswas

What did Merlin say when you spoke to them?

If it says ‘with remote lockout’ then you should get it – nothing on that page says ‘supplied without the remote’ as far as I can see?

composite
    Free Member

OK good same conclusion I came to, I will give them a call now. Just wanted to make sure I hadn’t misunderstood what I should have been expecting.

composite
    Free Member

Ahhhhhhhh how embarrassing. Looking at the paper work I now see the following. 😳

wwaswas

😆

d’oh!

core

You have to be careful, some are sold as pushloc, but without remote.

As long as you keep remote & cable lubed shouldn’t cause any issues, mine’s been fine, and much prefer to crown lockout, with crown you have to lean forward which preloads the fork a bit and can mean you can’t then lock it.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

the pushloc is the shittest thing ever invented, please do yourself a favour and dont install it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

composite
    Free Member

I think I have to, there doesn’t appear to be a way to use the lock out without it. Is there?

core

Oscillate Wildly – Member
    the pushloc is the shittest thing ever invented, please do yourself a favour and dont install it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why?

And no, you can’t operate the lockout with out it, unless you change the top cap on the fork – more £££

andyl
    Free Member

I like the pushloc.

Well…I have broken a couple of ribs slamming into my old poploc remote in a crash and I still have a scar in my side from snapping off the lever from the same poploc remote in my side in another cresh…but I have just fitted the later style aluminium one to replace it as I like it.

lockout on the left, reverb remote on the right. With remotes i actually make more use of them than if they were non-remote versions.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Should I have got the pushloc remote with this fork?’ is closed to new replies.