Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Should I go to 'That Bike Show In London' on Saturday
  • Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Weathers not the best on Saturday, never been before, is it worth the visit or do I do chores for brownie points at home instead ?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Surely it’s the ‘bike show in that london’?

riddoch

I’ve not been for a few years but there is quite a lot to see as its also the outdoor and something else show.
    Don’t expect to be able to buy that much, mostly just display stands.
    Excel a bit of a pain to get to though.

fasthaggis

Going to give the Scots one a go.

Outdoor Show

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Went to Excel last year for a trade show and isn’t great to travel, but not an issue. Might take mini TJ too, get him out the house for the day………. Not buying things is probably a good thing, having spent too much already this year………..

mimmiethecat
    Free Member

Motorbike show on in the hall opposite again this year, worth paying for the upgrade whilst your there and doing both.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I got offered a free ticket for Saturday.

I don’t normally visit trade bike shows and I have an intense dislike of London but it would be churlish to pass up the free ticket.

I quite looking forward to it.

superfli
    Free Member

Not been since mid 90’s and am going tomorrow. Thought I could do with the a days jolly with some friends who were already going! I was hoping to get a good deal on either carbon bars or reverb stealth.

soobalias
    Free Member

up there tomorrow, never been before.
    chaffeur reckons its awkward to get to, but night on the town follows so shant complain.

kwack
    Free Member

Surely it’s the ‘bike show in that london’?

Why has this become a saying – that London, That There London. Someone I know from Nottingham said this too couldn’t work out why

Anyway back to topic- been once wouldnt again. You better off j browsing the internet

fd3chris
    Free Member

I went two years ago and it took me 30 mins to walk round and i was bored by then. Has it changed much since it was joined with the boat show?

crazy-legs

It was OK. Couple of interesting talks and good to catch up with a few friends in the cycle industry.

There’s almost nothing to buy. Lots of shiny kit to see and the show has been expanded with the Outdoors, Dive and Triathlon parts to it as well.

Glad I didn’t have to pay for a ticket though. I expect Saturday will be rammed, it usually is.

mark88

I was there today, wasn’t the most exciting show but plenty of very nice bikes on display.
    There is lots of Q&A sessions over the weekend, Martin Ashton being the one that caught my eye. The Air to the Throne freestyle competition should be really good,they were going massive today and it was just a demo. There also a bmx/mtb/trials/scooter display and pump track racing.

johnj2000
    Free Member

We enjoyed it last year, but if it did t have the outdoor show with it as well I think the rest of the family would have been bored once they had done all the bike actvities. But it did, so we were all happy.

freeagent
    Free Member

I’m going – we’ve been for the last 2/3 years.
    I only go because –
    A – I only live 20mins drive from the Blackwall Tunnel
    B – It includes the outdoors show etc –

cakefacesmallblock

I live a 45 minute drive from the NEC and have been to the bike show there a couple of years back and last year .
    I went with a mate to last years London show and was very disappointed.
    Almost identical to the Birmingham one, granted, one or two interesting talks, but it seemed about half the size of the Brum one . Bit more glitz, much more show, very little ‘substance’. Won’t go again.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Anyone going, could you please get me on of those inner tube wallets from the Elephant Bikes stand – I’ll pay you back. Thanks.

pictonroad

I went yesterday, contemplating a thread regarding it. Overall slightly disappointing. Some notable absences, no, Rapha, Morvelo, Endura, Specialized MTB, Trek and others. Some such a a Scott, Enigma, and Alpkit had brilliant stands, especially alpkit.

I can understand why a company wouldn’t attend, I’m sure it’s very expensive and overall a loss maker but these things only work with a sort collective agreement to attend. I’m used to motor shows where everyone and his dog has a stand.

ajt123
    Free Member

Depends what your alterantive is, doesn’t it.

I’ve gone the last few years – Xmas present of tickets.

Its been OK, but I wouldn’t pay full whack for it.

Had a nice chat with Dan Stanton last year and a go on their 29er. Was useful as realised that the 17 inch was too short and the 19 inch too much of a gate…

superfli
    Free Member

Great day out, although didn’t really have enough time at the show! Motorbike upto Putney, train to Waterloo, river taxi to o2, skyline to excel. Nice trip, but cut our time down. Had a good chat with Nick Craig who recognised me from QECP 🙂 great guy! Long chat with del at four4th, and wander round. Bought some esi grips and bargain flare shorts. Took lots of photos of vw’s for mates. The Scott 650+, and orange bikes caught my eye, very nice indeed.

Defender
    Free Member

I went today, and enjoyed it, last went in 2014 hasn’t changed that much really.
    Took a test drive of a Honda, nice to see their stand had both cars and bikes on it! The concept Civic Tourer was very interesting, but also quite niche as I don’t think there’s enough clearance for bikes with flat bars rather than drops?
    The only other Car manufacturer to have a stand was Jeep, so I’m not sure where the car show with a few bikes comes from?
    There were a couple of camper/activity vehicle stands there, but they weren’t prominent or the vehicle manufacturers but converters/sellers.
    Stand out stands for me were, Orange complete with the revived P7!, spoke to the main man, Andy Ball who seemed genuinely interested, also Hope, GT, Boardman, Cotic and Shand, as others have mentioned there were some very big industry names not there, but then this is a regional show and NOT the the ‘National Cycle Show’ which moved from London to the NEC a few years ago.
    Yes I would go again and probably will do next year.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Should I go to 'That Bike Show In London' on Saturday’ is closed to new replies.