Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Should I go riding?
  • SaxonRider

I’m feeling extremely lazy right now, I’ve got writing to do, and the wind is howling like the hounds of hell.

Question is, should I suit up and go riding? Convince me.

Road, that is.

_tom_
    Free Member

Yes you’ll feel better for it even if it’s a short one. If I don’t get a ride in on a day off I’ll have a weird niggly feeling for the rest of rhe day!

jam-bo

Winds forecast to back right off tomorrow.

I’m going tomorrow.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I’ve done enough pedal powered riding this week so when I finish work I’m planning on digging out ALL the winter kit and taking the motorbike out while it’s dry.
    Have a day off and go tomorrow when it’s less windy.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve just come back from an hour in the forest and feel so much better for it. The conditions weren’t as bad as I thought they would be either.

mcnultycop

I can’t ride. I’ve been sat in a&e since 1100 as I had pins out of my elbow on Monday and the wound popped open last night.

I’d kill for a crappy windy wet ride.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d offer to come with you but my head is sore, I think I’m slightly ill. It’s really not that windy here, sunny too.

SaxonRider

I agree with you now, molgrips. Unfortunately, the issue is settled for me; I got dressed in my winter gear, went out to the shed to get my bike out, only to to find that the rear mech is ‘frozen’. Looks like I’ll be working on the bike instead of riding it. 😕

deadkenny
    Free Member

Road, that is.

No. Off road. More rewarding than a miserable ride in a headwind on the road. Though woodland might be a bit risky in high wind 😉

Tiger6791

Thanks, you’ve just made me go out..

..laptop off…

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve been, blooming windy and chilly but kept the pace up so no real bother. Nice to put some effort in on the hills against the wind, think Bertie out of the saddle and wiggling… That was me that was (minus the beef)

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m going tomorrow, no matter what.

Is Cafall still open at Cwmcarn?

iainc

Lovely warm dry hour on the bike there…… Jolly handy having the Glasgow Velodrome 20 mins drive from home 😀

core

I’m gonna go tomorrow, kinda feel bad that I’ve been lazy and done naff all this afternoon, but had a good morning rough shooting, cleaned the guns, lit the wood burner, checked the dog over and finished up some beef stew, fair rural day that tbh.

Now wondering wether to go watch a road rally tonight, and if I should buy a cheap 2nd hand cx bike to get me out more (local trails are all mush, and not finding much time for a trail centre day), or mtfu, pump the tyres up hard and use the scandal 29er on road rides……

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

survivor

I was struggling with the motivation earlier as well. Couldn’t be arsed to load car to go up forest so I did a local bridleway, railway and route instead. Glad I did. Was a bit nippy but busted out twenty miles in the end. got just as filthy as if I’d gone up the forest which I hoped to avoid but ho hum…. it was fun.

thecaptain
    Free Member

The answer is always yes. Well, almost always. Got turned back by ice today (road riding) but still enjoyed what little we did. Off-road tomorrow should be more manageable.

SaxonRider

I am pleased to say that, having coming in from the back garden just now with frozen toes, all of my bikes are now in good nick, and I will have no excuse to miss riding tomorrow, come rain, wind, or snow. 8)

Basil

Fell off May 24. Not able to ride since. I sincerely suggest ride every chance you have.

SaxonRider

Good lord, Basil! What did you do to yourself?!?

Get well!

SaxonRider

Double post

P-Jay
    Free Member

@molgrips – yeah it’s open, some trees down but they’re passable.

Was at BPW today, Snow all over the top half, brilliant fun, if not very safe 😉 so yeah go riding OP

molgrips
    Free Member

Wife’s in bed poorly, that’s scuppered my riding plans…

Bregante

Mine’s off to London for 3 days leaving me alone with the ratbags. Fortunately my Ant+ kit has just arrived so I’ve been Zwifting. 8)

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Should I go riding?’ is closed to new replies.