Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Should I go full suss of not?
  • organic355
    Free Member

Been toying with the idea for some time now.

Currently riding a Giant XTC (carbon) composite (2007) Hard tail, and have got my eye on the Santa cruz superlight frame and transfering all of the bits over.

I have been thinking for a while that my hard tail is actually too light for me (currently at 9.8kg / 21.8lbs) as I have weight weenied it considerably (and not myself at 12 stone!!), and on some occasions I feel like I could do with a bit more weight underneath me on the downhill sections, and obviously the added absorption of rear suspension.

The SCSL frame is about 1.3kg heavier than my XTC, so do you think it would be a wise move and would I notice the extra weight on the climbs?

Anyone gone from weight weenie HT to an XC lightweight full suss frame?

z1ppy

should you… no, can you… yes of course, do what every you want.

If most of the part will swap over (same size), buy a superlight frame 2nd hand & do it. That way you can flog it for the same money if you don’t get on with it (and move back to the HT).

I love my Superlight but then love my Prophet more so… as I can get away with more & hit stuff harder than I do on my SL.
    So it maybe the SL is just what your looking for.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes you will notice the extra weight just as you notice the extra absorption on the descent.
    Get a FS and loose 1.3kg from your frame WIN WIN situation 😉

wors

If you are an old man yes, if not no. turns and runs away… 😀

transapp
    Free Member

I went from Trek 6700 to Anthem X1, so light weight XC (OK, not as light as yours) to a 100mm FS.
    Was it worth it? For me, yes. Without Doubt. The only place I want to be back on a hard tail is on road climbs when unseated. So that’s never then.
    Notice the weight? Yes. Does it slow me down? No, I reckon the additional traction plus being able to pedel over things that would have had me ‘nudging’ the bike over. Downhill it’s a differnt world.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Should I go full suss of not?’ is closed to new replies.