Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Should I go and waste my GP's time?
  • aracer
    Free Member

Posting here instead of phoning 111…

Had an op just over 3 weeks ago. When I took the original dressing off, the wound was oozing lots of dark coloured pus. Went to my GP at the start of last week and got prescribed antibiotics for an infection. Finished the course on Saturday, at which point it seemed to have almost cleared up, now only oozing a little bit of clearish liquid occasionally. However it doesn’t seem to have improved much since – I keep thinking it’s all dried up and it does sometimes go for almost a day, but then feel dampness on my shirt with a bit more clearish liquid oozing.

So should I go back to my GP again, or will this sort itself out?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Go back to the GP.. sounds still infected or something is in your wound like a small fibre

Drac

Posting here instead of phoning 111…

Hold on we’re on our way.

righog
    Free Member

I hate going to the docs….But yes go back, another week on Antibiotics wont make much difference to Antibiotic resistance.

PS was glad I went to the docs last week when I got a stick in the face from a tumble the antibiotics probably saved me a and the NHS a lot of grief

wanmankylung
    Free Member

No you should most definitely not go and waste your GP’s time. If however you feel that your wound needs further medical attention go and see your GP, or possibly a minor injuries unit.

aracer
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice – as per the title, I hate wasting my GP’s time, and don’t want to go if that’s what I’d be doing – given a routine appointment would be more than a week away I have to phone up and tell them the receptionist it’s “urgent” (though he never makes me feel like I’m wasting his time).

Kryton57

Yes – I posted here a while ago, same question and turned out I had viral meningitis rather than a nasty cold…

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Whatever you do, don’t phone 111. You’ll lose the will to live and probably top yourself.

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsD6AL3HJtM[/video]

aracer
    Free Member

I was expecting more useful advice on here. I don’t mind wasting your time.

Kryton57

I was expecting more useful advice on here.

Oh come on…

aracer
    Free Member

Clearly I was also expecting less useful advice, but I’ve been here long enough to know to ignore you 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Should I go and waste my GP's time?’ is closed to new replies.