Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Should I get rid of my Fox 36 Van R’s and get something else?
  • hugorune

Given all the chat about servicing and reliability of fox forks and the fact that I really can’t be arsed to strip them down once a month to re-lube and clean the stanchions and seals, should I sell them and buy some second hand Lyriks/66s or just MTFU and service the foxs? Discuss.

neil853
    Free Member

Lyrics are exactly the same, i know i’ve had the same problems

DustyLilac
    Free Member

No, for my twopenceworth 36s are very reliable. I have some 07 Float Rs, fitted in Jan 08, never serviced (probably due one soon, though no apparent issues). I store them upsidedown, wipe the stanchions clean after every ride and periodically wipe the stanchions over with a bit of paper soaked in light fork oil. Oh, and I use them pretty hard all day, both days, every weekend. Oh, and I live in the South with our soft mud, but they have been on holiday to places with rocks and grit a couple of times.

A couple of riding buddies use them too, one got 5 years out of a set and they’re still going strong, but now replaced with another set of 36s.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    enfht
    Free Member

Buy some rigid forks if you can’t be arsed to service suspension forks, all brands of suspension forks need servicing 😯

cynic-al
    Free Member

DL – at 5 hours a day that’s around 700 hours riding. You sure about the figures?

DustyLilac
    Free Member

There’s a lot of tea drinking too! I’m probably only really riding for about 2 hours on average a weekend on short (max 2-3 minutes) downhills and jump runs, as there’s probably 5 times as much time spent pushing back up as riding. The maths will now give you around 150 hours.

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

The vanillas are actually pretty easy to service – I did mine recently and I’m usually rubbish at this kind of thing! Just have a go – the fox manual plus the links on mojo site to video clips got me through it no bother.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Should I get rid of my Fox 36 Van R’s and get something else?’ is closed to new replies.