Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Should i get my RP2 Push tuned?
  • onedpete
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’ve got a Fox RP2 boostvalve shock on my Devinci Dixon and have found it tricky to get it feeling how I’d like. I’m quite heavy and ride quite hard. I’m running a volume reducer already which has helped it ramp up a bit better, but I still would like a bit more pop off jumps without sacrificing the plushness on the small stuff. Also, the propedal has always been pretty much non existent which is annoying as I would like a firmer setting for fireroads etc. TF recommended getting it pushed and I am tempted to give it a try. Anyone tried it, especially on a Dixon as I’ve read it can be more noticeable on different suspension platforms…or would I be better off with a new shock,ie a monarch plus? Any advice would be welcomed, cheers

onedpete
    Free Member

Anyone?

onedpete
    Free Member

Anyone?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Yes! Definitely if your shock is due a service. I found on my shock It was a significant and noticeable improvement – but i’m still not 100% satisfied and it hasn’t quite quashed my desire to try a different shock.

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

put your money towards a better shock, something like the new Fox ones are leagues ahead of the RP2 with regards to settings and adjustments even factory tuned.

onedpete
    Free Member

Hmmm…I was led to believe that getting mine custom Pushed would offer better performance gains than a new off the shelf new one, as it’d be tuned to my specifications. Obviously shock technology has come on leaps and bounds since 2011 though…I’ve also been hearing quite a bit of negative feedback about monarch plus reliability. The Fox dps evol shocks look good, but still double the price of a push tune, worth it?

Goldigger
    Free Member

If I remember rightly, when I phoned tf tuned up. They said they can’t do a great deal with an RP2, can’t remember the reason…
    Went for a custom tuned float CTD, which made a massive difference over the RP2..

noahhowes
    Free Member

The biggest difference I’ve noticed is the larger air cans (either Corset or Fox). Having an air shock that works at the start of the travel is lovely. PUSHing my old RP23 was only really noticeable at high speed. Call TFTuned and have a chat.

onedpete
    Free Member

Yeah, I was wondering about what difference a new evol or corset can might do for the feel of the shock….could be another option. When I spoke to TF before, they seemed very positive about what they could do with a Push tune on my RP2, all I really want is open and great for everything and a firm platform for road sections or fire road drags, so figured an RP2 would fit the bill. How does it work with a Push tune, are all 3 modes on a ctd or rp23 tuned then? I’ll give TF a bell again, have a chinwag…Thanks for the input guys.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Should i get my RP2 Push tuned?’ is closed to new replies.