Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Should I feel relieved or insulted?!?
  • piemann
    Free Member

My shed was broken into last night. They tried to make off with Mrs Pie's Inbred, but since it had a flat tyre and no pedals, chain or seatpost/saddle on it, they dumped it unceremoniously on the back lawn. The ddor to the shed is **** though 🙁

I keep all the ready-to-ride bikes in the house purely because of the risk that this might happen. The shed is by no means secure, but I really have a serious lack of space in our rented place.

If they'd nicked my P7, I would have wept like a baby.

Thanfully, all the parts and tools in the shed (by no means cheap to replace all of…) are still there.

Time to up the security a bit methinks.

Olly
    Free Member

i had the lock nicked off a bike once.

was locked up outside work, and when i went to go home again, it wasnt.

bit of a beater, had spd pedals, and the saddle was about 4ft off the floor as im 6ft 5"
    but still!
    what the hell!
    they either cut it off and threw it away, or they got disturbed.

relieved or insulted?

IanMmmm
    Free Member

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/steel-sheds-recomendations

Have a look at this thread – I posted something in there about securing bikes in a shed. I have mine chained to ground anchors that are set in concrete .

dropoff

Talking about shed security, the best we could come up with was a 1000w halogen light mounted to face the door and wired to a proximity switch on the door jamb, door opens and the intruder is bathed in a soft glow – not 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Should I feel relieved or insulted?!?’ is closed to new replies.