• This topic has 44 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by kilo.
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Should I cut my hours at work?
  • spooky_b329

The 2hrs wouldn’t really factor for me, but if its true flexi time and you can do a 4 day week, thats a no brainer. Quality time to do whatever.

I do a 36hr week over 4 days, almost always work the 5th day as overtime but thats by choice. A job involving time away from the desk is also a big plus. The day off varies.

kilo

If you can generate o/t I’d definitely go for the new job, I’ve had a couple of easy going periods of work and they start to grate after a while especially if you’re used to actually doing things.

Curious about the role, the conditions and wages sounded familiar but a Quite custody role, doesn’t sound like old bill – border force?

fifeandy
    Free Member

Just a quick point to note that i didn’t see anyone else mention.
    If you’re new role will involve responsibility for others, it’ll also probably involve a certain amount of BS (PRD’s, return to work, etc etc).
    Just be sure you are ok with that, because its not for everyone.

But mostly i guess, if you can afford it, and your heart says go for it, then go for it.

siwhite
    Free Member

Curious about the role, the conditions and wages sounded familiar but a Quite custody role, doesn’t sound like old bill – border force?

Kilo – it is Police Custody. We are a small suite in a smallish market town with a low crime rate. I only have one gaoler during the week which means six prisoners at most. We have a side role as a dedicated CT suite with remote Court facilities – without the investment from ‘them’ we’d have been closed and integrated into a hub a long time ago. We are often busy, but I have a few shifts a month without anything at all to do…

kilo

The integrated hubs are an interesting thing for an outsider, ive used them occasionally but I’m not sure whether they’re so handy if your traveling big distances with prisoners day in day out or if you’re the custody staff

I’m in a bit bit of a quiet role at the moment, it’s a manufactured job but for welfare reasons, even though it’s helping my recovery I find it a bit taxing having days when there’s not much to do.

I’ve found it best to change job when you find a role you actually want rather than waiting for a push to who knows what at the end of a tenure period. Good luck with whatever you pick.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Should I cut my hours at work?’ is closed to new replies.