Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Should i buy my holiday euros before thursday?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

If we do vote to leave the eu on Thursday, when di we expected the shockwaves to hit the money markets? Should I buy my holiday money now to play safe?

lunge

I would suggest that if we exit the pound will drop like a stone. I base this on nothing more than gut instinct.

jam-bo

What time do the ‘markets’ open on Friday morning? Then.

dknwhy

I think that if we exit both the pound and euro will fall in comparison to other currencies based on the unknown future of the UK economy and the EU losing a major player. I think the euro will fall more though.
    If it were me, I’d chance it and wait.

wilburt
    Free Member

Similar situation, it’ll be a vote for in(I think) so will they go up? TBH I only need a few hundred and suspect the merchants will find a way of protecting me from any volatility by not passing on an increase.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry, it’ll have sorted itself out by the time your visa application comes through.

martinhutch

According to the PM, we will have no use for old currency in the event of Brexit. After the nuclear fallout has ended, trade will be conducted using tinned meat and the virginity of your first-born child.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

There will be an impact on the euro too if we leave. It will be a significant loss to the EU to lose the UK economy and the benefit of our credit rating against which the EU borrows cheap money. It could be that the economic impact of brexit will affect the EU at least as much as it will affect us.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Should i buy my holiday euros before thursday?’ is closed to new replies.