Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • SHould I buy an On One Dirty Disco?
  • thegeneralist
    Free Member

Cycle about 60 miles per week to work. Got knackered Boardman. Just bought new rings, cassette, chain to get it working again.

Tried a Disco briefly in Sheffield. Liked the feel of it a lot. But didn’t buy it.

Today it’s got £200 off down to £799. I’ve selected the wide bars and the short stem and stuck it in the basket. But still haven’t checked out.

WHat’s wrong with me…. I guess I know a CX is s silly idea for a grity muddy 12.5 mile commute. I Should really buy a Alfine Genesis.

Bt lets be honest, the Disco will ride tons better.

give me the push I need

ianfitz
    Free Member

I have one. It rides well. Surprisingly capable off road. Mine cost a lot more than 800!

Also good with 28mm road tyres too

takisawa2

That Mike Hall chap did ok on one, riding round the world in 90 odd days.

bspoked
    Free Member

I bought a frame when they were brand new and alfined it. Persisted with it for a year. Now running cx1. Magical.

Markend
    Free Member

I have one as a 1×10 flat bar commuter using 28mm tyres. Is great!

martymac

Mate has an alfine equipped genesis, its nice. But it does feel heavy at the back.

porter_jamie

i have a DD with stans 240 wheels and 105/ultegra mechs. it’s great but i hardly use it tbh.

one thing you must do is bin off the stupid pulley wheel thing for the front mech and get a cx70 top pull front mech. much much better.

mos

What’s the widest tyres you can fit in one?

AlexSimon

It went around the world in record time under Mike Hall.
    Amazing price.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘SHould I buy an On One Dirty Disco?’ is closed to new replies.