Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Should i buy a Cotic Soul or upgrade my Orange P7 Pro?
  • jonathanhall

Thinking about replacing forks with 120mm travel, but accepting that cannot use a dropper post (27.2mm) or sell bike and replace with a new soul. The geometry on both looks fairly similar to my untrained eye.

ahwiles
    Free Member

…accepting that cannot use a dropper post (27.2mm)…

eh?

they’re both great frames – you’ve got to use your sharpest hair-splitters to find enough difference to justify selling one to buy the other.

mboy
    Free Member

Soul is higher quality steel tubing, and quite a bit lighter (sub 4.5lb as opposed to over 5.5lb), very slight differences in geometry too. Though similar types of bike.

You can get 27.2 dropper posts, they’re just not as common, and you can’t get a Rockshox Reverb in that size.

jonathanhall

Was always under the impression that not able to buy a dropper for 27.2mm seat post, but just found one on merlin.

jonathanhall

Would be a bit of a luxury to upgrade to Soul (but it does look very nice), my head tells me i should ride P7 more and upgrade bits as they wear out. I am quite tempted to swap fox 140mm forks for rockshox revelation 120mm though. I find the bike very light on front end when climbing.

svalgis
    Free Member

Get new forks and dropper post (my vote always goes for GD Turbo) and see how you like it. You can always change frame later.

LMT
    Free Member

Depending on year, you can remove the seatpost shim and fit a dropper as my lbs pointed out to me when I told them I was struggling to sell mine. Just a thought!

composite
    Free Member

I got a Gravity Dropper on my Five which I some times use on my P7.

tandemwarriors

X-Fusion HiLo (27.2mm) on my P7 for a year now, bloody brilliant bit of kit and works perfectly.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Should i buy a Cotic Soul or upgrade my Orange P7 Pro?’ is closed to new replies.