Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Should I build a PUMP track
  • heresjonny
    Free Member

So we have just managed to rent the field behind our house for the horses, I now have 4.5 acres to play with some of it on a slight slope.
    The question is should i go to the trouble of building a track, I have never been on one but it looks great fun from ones I 've seen llinked to from here.
    Is it hard to build one if I have the right equipment, I have plenty of time as I'm in no rush.

jam-bo

yes. if i had the land i'd build one tomorrow.

plan it out, mark it out, hire in a mini digger for the weekend and invite a load of mates round.

in fact, where do you live?

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Second that jam bo.

adstick
    Free Member

Yes! If you're near me I'll help too.

ahwiles
    Free Member

Pump tracks are ace fun.

Dead easy to build too – the whole idea is to be able to 'pump' all the way round – consequently speeds are fairly low, and the jumps/berms/pump-bumps don't need to be very big.

and then you can do this!

which was the warm-down from this

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Yes, if you've got the land, you've got to build one! Check the videos above, loads of fun.

Equipment needed
    – dirt
    – spade
    – time
    – kettle

Be as creative as you can. Make corners tighter than you think so you can pump out of the turn, don't just do straight lines – I want to build a series of chicanes or pumpable berms next – and just keep tweaking until it flows!

MrAgreeable

It's a similar process to building a set of dirt jumps so if you've done that before then you'll be fine. If the ground is very rocky or very muddy then you might have difficulties, although you could always bring dirt in from off the site. Machinery isn't essential if you have mates to help you. Go for it!

mudshark
    Free Member

Does the bloke who rented you the field mind you turning it into a play area?!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Should I build a PUMP track’ is closed to new replies.