Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Should I be worried? – DX light just arrived with dead battery
  • darrenm
    Free Member

As title really, just tried switching it on but nothing. It is the new style battery with lcd readout.

I don’t have an adapter at work to see if it will charge.

thesurfbus
    Free Member

Mine lasted one charge, its what you pay for.

z1ppy

Good god man, try charging it before you panic. Admittedly my replacement battery from spokebloke just turned up 3/4 charged. Now gotta wait a week before I get to use it in anger though.

Have you no pound shop/boots local to your work, that uou could go and grap a 99p (2 pin) shaving convert, so you can get it on charge?

darrenm
    Free Member

Just wondering if anybody else had a battery arrive flat. This is the second light I have got from them (first is still going strong). Asked out of curiosity rather than panic!

Del

Mine lasted one charge, its what you pay for.

not what i paid for when i’ve had faulty stuff from dx. it got sent back, and as soon as they had a photo of the proof of posting, they shipped it’s replacement.
    there are certain compromises to be made for them being cheap, but outright failure within 1 year should not be one of them. don’t know why some people have such a defeatist attitude wrt this stuff.
    it’d cost you about 4 quid to return it. no different to dealing with a uk company, apart from it taking a little longer to travel.

as for the OP, like the others said, charge it. would you attempt to switch on a brand new mobile phone as soon as you unwrapped it, or would you charge it first?

z1ppy

Mine was over a year ok’d, hens why i bought a new on & warranty it

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Should I be worried? – DX light just arrived with dead battery’ is closed to new replies.