Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Should I be riding…? (bad cough content)
  • loddrik
    Free Member

I’ve had a really bad cough and wheezy chest for over 2 months. With the cold and icy weather at the moment, would it be bad for me to be doing strenuous exercise or should I be resting up until I shake this cough/cold?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I have been fighting off a nasty cough & cold for the last couple of weeks, I tried riding mid way through but i’m fairly sure thats what caused my relapse.

I would wait until you are better, your body is using resorces to fight the infection, you are just diluting these further by exercising…

yossarian
    Free Member

Mtfu

Did Churchill order a halt to world war 2 because he had a runny nose?

ton

i would have said yes………prior to getting my heartbeat messed up from a virus.

but now i would say rest and put your feet up.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

it’s ok with just a cold, but don’t exercise if you have a bad throat…

ollie
    Free Member

I think I’ve heard people say before that a cold from the neck up shouldn’t be a problem but anything from the neck down should be rested.

bigyinn
    Free Member

What are your GPs recommendations?

You HAVE spoken with your GP about this cough, right? 😯

loddrik
    Free Member

Most definitely. They suspect I have been getting reinfected with different cold viruses. I do have a 5 year old in school so it is possible and my 1 year old has had it of and on for weeks. I guess r & r would be the sensible option.

lazybike
    Free Member

I did the club hillclimb with a head cold, which turned into a chest infection, which is now a windpipe infection, if you do feel the need to ride, don’t go up hill 😀

peasnotwar
    Free Member

Frustrating as it is, R&R is the only way.
    I’d be concerned if i had a cough for a couple of months, second opinion time methinks especially if it is a dry, non productive cough.
    might just need some stronger anti-bios???

loddrik
    Free Member

It is chesty but nothing loose, I have never smoked so I’m not worried about it, its just a pain in the arse!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Gentle exercise is fine – even good. strenuous exercise is bad – possibly seriously so Thats my opinion

glynP
    Free Member

just back from the docs with large doses of antibiotics and steroids to try to get this chest infection to settle, its now my third year of this, every winter the same. Been for chest x-rays and heart tests. Dont feel ill but the cough is unrelenting and I’m certainly not as fit as I was. I would say REST until it settles

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Should I be riding…? (bad cough content)’ is closed to new replies.