• This topic has 79 replies, 54 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Should I be a prick and would it be legal?
  • pjt201
    Free Member

i think you’d both pass the psychopath test.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Have you not got anything better to do?

atlaz
    Free Member

Yet another thread on STW where the OP comes out looking at least as bad as the object of his ire. Send him his cable and gain a story about the mentalist you lived with once.

I never understand this urge some people have to get even or set people straight. I had a colleague once who was determined to come to his leaving do and give a speech where he told everyone what their flaws were. He was persuaded that people hated him enough already that it could only result in violence so it was best to drop it. He was the only person I’ve known that didn’t attend his own leaving do.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Send cable

Anonymously report HMO

job done

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I’m with the OP.

And I can’t quite beleive what I’m hearing from the rest of STW.

Taking the side of a LANDLORD !!!

The OP has paid how much to this pillock over the years and now he wants a 2 a penny cable back!!!

Do one ….. but that’s all…. forget the the suing and reporting nonsense.

weeksy

The OP has paid how much to this pillock over the years and now he wants a 2 a penny cable back!!!

He’s been paying him for living in the house the Landlord owns. That’s how rent works. It’s like a mortgage but different

I think the OP is a complete fruitloop

emsz
    Free Member

TBH I’m surprised that 12 year old kids are allowed to rent houses.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

If the Landlord’s only concern is a cable, reckon he’s probably done pretty well out of this business arrangment.

Most landlords would love that to be their only worry once a tennet moves out.

WackoAK
    Free Member

Send cable

Anonymously report HMO

job done

(and pay the outstanding rent)

Cougar

Personally, I’d refuse to deal with someone who was unable to form sentences. Seriously, is “to” such a difficult word?

Post him his stupid cable back wedged up the arse of a dead goat and advise him that you’ll be taking legal action if he sends you any more threatening missives. Use the word “missive”, he’ll have to look it up.

emsz
    Free Member

[looks up the word missive\]

theocb
    Free Member

Have you actually spoken to the landlord and did you end on bad terms or something?
    Is your girlfriend involved in the rental agreement in anyway and what does she want you to do?
    If you are in the right and you are sure you haven’t aggravated any situation (sometimes there are 2 sides to a story :0)
    And if your landlord is acting like a thug and you want to stand your ground then do so! (Did you threaten not to pay rent/ have you ever not paid rent?)
    Phone and talk about the cable and tell him you are not happy about him implying he is going to steal money from your missus and until a written apology is received you will be holding any further rent (the cable is in the post/ or you will add £10 for a replacement once apology received.)
    Keep very calm and explain things in a straightforward manner.

Fight for fairness brother and teach that mo fo a lesson. We wouldn’t live in a fair society without soldiers like yourself standing up when these situations arise. This is a call to arms Tom..

Jamie
    Free Member

[looks up the word missive\]

He spelled massive wrong. He was referring to the landlord sending round some heavies, thugs, bouncers….or massives.

martinhutch

Cut the guy some slack. Sending rambling, faintly threatening text messages is probably the landlord’s equivalent of coming on here and ranting about some injustice or other.

Poor bloke has been sharing a house overloaded with all kinds of riff-raff – it has probably worn him down a bit.

Drac

Funny one this as we have no idea how you’ve behaved towards him but given your last few threads you’ve started you do appear to an angry individual who has very little patience for others. Send him his cable back you ‘accidentally’ packed, pay the rent you owe him and ask him to stop sending threatening emails. Like others have said it was convenient for you to ignore the HMO thing when you lived there but now it’s an issue.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Drac +1

Your parents are ‘idots’
    The receptionist’s a ‘lazy whatever it was’
    Your employer’s ‘all up in your grill’
    your previous employer was’all up in your grill’
    You think old people are parasites
    and now your landlords on you as well.

There’s one common denominator in all these……..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I like this

Sending rambling, faintly threatening text messages is probably the landlord’s equivalent of coming on here and ranting about some injustice or other.

And this

Funny one this as we have no idea how you’ve behaved towards him but given your last few threads you’ve started you do appear to an angry individual who has very little patience for others.

GHill

tomd – Member
    Post it back, but put it in a big envelope with a normal stamp

Love it!

D0NK

He was the only person I’ve known that didn’t attend his own leaving do.

sounds like more of a “thank **** that ****s gone” do. Quality 🙂

Oh and Ton I’ll buy a couple cables off you if you can etch Diamond HDMI onto the plugs 🙂

tomd
    Free Member

Thanks, I do a good sideline in plots of Machiavellian cunning. The OP should stick to his day job, he can’t cut it when it comes to devious revenge plots.

DezB
    Free Member

This reminds me of the dog sniffing the bag thread – so many people trying to be smart and yet miss the whole point. It’s not about the CABLE, it’s about the TEXT MESSAGE. Duh.

Lifer
    Free Member

But if he hadn’t nicked the cable there wouldn’t have been a text. DUH.

Plus as Drac says, he certainly has form.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I think the OP is a complete fruitloop

This

TBH I’m surprised that 12 year old kids are allowed to rent houses.

This

Your parents are ‘idots’
    The receptionist’s a ‘lazy whatever it was’
    Your employer’s ‘all up in your grill’
    your previous employer was’all up in your grill’
    You think old people are parasites
    and now your landlords on you as well.

There’s one common denominator in all these……..
    And most definitely this.

DezB
    Free Member

But if he hadn’t nicked the cable there wouldn’t have been a text

He didn’t nick it, he accidentally took it. If there had been a normal request for it’s return, there would have been no thread. Duh.

martinhutch

Do you pay your rent in advance OP, are you already withholding it?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“last few threads you’ve started you do appear to an angry individual who has very little patience for others”

I’m soooo bored ….. I looked back over our OP previous.

Doesn’t have much luck does he

Or is he Woppit in disguise 😆

loum
    Free Member

Should I be a prick…

Maybe a bit late to be asking that?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Your landlord’s not called Ben is he?

I had a landlord who was a similarly wepons grade tool. Did phone the council, but he was all upto date on his paperwork, but they did say that they tended to target ‘problem’ landlords with inspections so he was now on the list at least.

Went back to see a friend we left behind a few weeks later, appeared he’d had a breakdown and left and the house was a much clamer (if not quite so fastideously clean) place as a result.

Drac

He didn’t nick it, he accidentally took it. If there had been a normal request for it’s return, there would have been no thread. Duh.

I suspect there’s much more to this tale than the cable.

Pigface
    Free Member

Two sides to every story (at least)

bearnecessities

If it was a different lead, none of this would have scarted.

D28boy
    Free Member

boom boom….I’m here all week…I thank you !

dang100
    Free Member

It may be that he doesn’t need an HMO. It is only a national requirement for Large HMOs – to qualify as large, the house should be:

“Living in a shared home – does your landlord need a licence?
    Your landlord must have registered your home as an HMO with the council if:

the property is at least 3 storeys high
    5 or more unrelated people live in it
    there are 2 or more separate households living there.”

https://www.gov.uk/private-renting/houses-in-multiple-occupation

To go back to your original question – what do you want out of this? Revenge? Or are you actually trying to pressure him into doing something? It’s not clear. If it’s revenge you’re after, just report him – why would you want him to know it was you? If you’re trying to pressure him into something then sure, let him know (but make sure you’ve checked that he definitely needs an HMO license).

In your position, I would be tempted to respond rashly but it could end up pear-shaped. I think your best approach is a polite letter or email.

Dear X,

I do have your HDMI cable. I am very sorry, I packed it up along with my things by mistake. I have put it in the post, recorded delivery, and it should arrive with you by X date.

With regard to the rent, we have every intention of paying it on the due date.

In both cases I would appreciate it if we could keep things civil; there is no need for you to send threatening text messages to me or my girlfriend.

All the best,

xxx

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I mentioned the HMO, he’s now leaving me alone. Thanks anyway Dang, also Drac and the other chap who checked my posting history…..you may have a point, but I mostly post for fun. Yes I make some morally dubious and idiotic posts on here sometimes (at least I know it) but I’ve also made the effort to help some forum members on here when others have been happy to take the micky. Very few of my opinions on here are actually particularly serious. I just enjoy daft threads, lighten up a bit guys.

Thanks anyway chaps. I am posting back the HMO cable today. In the mean time if I’ve ever actually properly offended any of or you hold a grudge against me because of my views on Israel or whatever, I’d be happy to buy you a beer after a ride and wind you up in person and you can find out what my views actually are.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

And I’d like to add that I’m also quite often the first one to apologise on here in threads where someone gets hurt, as I’m sure Drac knows.

And I’d like to reiterate the thanks to ton for offering to send me a cable 🙂

tomhoward

The Edinburgh defence for multiple threads at once? Impressive.

nealglover
    Free Member

The Edinburgh defence for multiple threads at once? Impressive.

Takes some doing.

(Although I still blame the receptionist)

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The receptionist posted me a new card to my office with an apology, after I got semi-fired.

konabunny
    Free Member

If it was a different lead, none of this would have scarted.

I feel like we’re only getting a composite story but to really understand it we’d need to know all the components.

DezB
    Free Member

I am posting back the HMO cable today

High Mefinition Onterface?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Should I be a prick and would it be legal?’ is closed to new replies.