Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Should I……….
  • lucien

Get the Turbo out and put it up in the garage, buy a slick 26″ tyre, and spend endless long hours in the garage to avoid the rainy mudfest that is forecast for June?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

lucien

Hey, nothing “non-manly” about turbo training

belugabob
    Free Member

Yet you felt the need to question it – first in your own mind, then publicly on the internet. 😉

Riding in the wet is great fun – get out and enjoy it.

richen987
    Free Member

will only make you appreciate the dry more.
    plus you will be faster.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Riding in the wet is not good fun, it’s slippery, destroys natural trails and is slow as hell (at least on the way up).

Junkyard
    Free Member

checks rules apparently you do indeed need to MTFu as only wnners train in the rain

Rule #9
    // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Fair-weather riding is a luxury reserved for Sunday afternoons and wide boulevards. Those who ride in foul weather – be it cold, wet, or inordinately hot – are members of a special club of riders who, on the morning of a big ride, pull back the curtain to check the weather and, upon seeing rain falling from the skies, allow a wry smile to spread across their face. This is a rider who loves the work.

you are whimpering in a corner going dont make me wet, dont get me muddy, not the face, mummy help me.

and turbos are shit FACT and wet and warm is far better than wet and every cold
    Doing my 50 miler tomorrow whatever the weather ..I laugh at you mockingly.

HTH.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Going to do Cadair Idris this weekend and extended Marin trail, we’re gonna get wet, so what, i’m not gonna shrink with a bit of moisture so MTFU

bikebouy
    Free Member

Boooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnngggg.

Thats what Turbos Trainers are.

tomtomthepipersson

You’ll be all scented candles and rose petals in the bath before the day’s out. You mark my words.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Riding in the rain is good for the soul……….FACT !

jota180
    Free Member

spend endless long hours in the garage to avoid the rainy mudfest that is forecast for June?

I wouldn’t treat a weather forecast for the UK much further ahead than 3 or 4 days with too much confidence.
    Mid June often coincides with a spell of sunny/rainy/sunny weather, can’t remember the reason ATM, mid-summer climate something or other

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Should I……….’ is closed to new replies.