Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 182 total)
  • Should Britain go to war with Iran?
  • yunki
    Free Member

after reading all the input on this thread I have changed my mind..
    we should definitely go to war with Iran..
    I read it as

should we go to war with rain

so my comments are pretty much invalid anyway..

donsimon
    Free Member

Is the correct response “suck it and see” or “what could possibly go wrong?”?

justatheory
    Free Member

Most definitely not.

War is just a business enterprise that regular folk don’t profit from.

TooTall
    Free Member

My goodness, ernie. You really have drunk the Chinese Kool Aid haven’t you? Those well-meaning and charitable Chinese giving a few scholarships, building docks etc – damned nice of them eh? It is called soft diplomacy. Every country with more does it to countries with less. Building large docks and gaining exclusivity for your own country to put your own ships and no other in that port you built (for yourself) isn’t a gift.

War is a continuation of politics by other means. The politicians were voted in because this is a democracy, whatever you believe it to be. Influence your politicians to do the right thing. Asking whether Britain ‘should go to war’ misses out the whole route to such a decision – which is where thinking is most needed. For example, what would the reason be for such action?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

So will it all be OK when Iran becomes a nuclear power? If not, what then?

druidh
    Free Member

If it’s gonna happen, can we at least delay it until 2015 or thereabouts. With any luck, Scotland might be able to sit this one out.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Building large docks and gaining exclusivity for your own country to put your own ships and no other in that port you built (for yourself) isn’t a gift.

It’s a darn sight better than invading, blowing stuff up and taking precious resources from people by force though, in’t it?

My goodness, ernie. You really have drunk the Chinese Kool Aid haven’t you?

I don’t think he has. I just think he hazzunt swallowed the Western Bullshit, is all.

The politicians were voted in because this is a democracy, whatever you believe it to be.

It’s not, but you keep believing that, eh?

yunki
    Free Member

tootall earlier today..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

TooTall – Member

My goodness, ernie. You really have drunk the Chinese Kool Aid haven’t you? Those well-meaning and charitable Chinese giving a few scholarships, building docks etc – damned nice of them eh? It is called soft diplomacy.

Where’s the bit TooTall, where I say the Chinese are well-meaning, charitable, and damned nice ?

If you are going to comment on my posts then it would probably be worthwhile to actually read them, eh, whadda reckon ?

It pretty clear to any fool why the Chinese are behaving the way they are in Africa……it’s a business arrangement.

Which is precisely the point that the Washington based think-tank, the Institute for Policy Studies, is making in the link which I provided. Or are you suggesting that the IPS has also “drunk the Chinese Kool Aid” ? :rolls eyes:

buzz-lightyear – Member

So will it all be OK when Iran becomes a nuclear power

About as OK as Pakistan being a nuclear power. Of course you know that Iran will become a nuclear power, as opposed to just generating nuclear energy, because the US, and other imperialist nations, say so ? ….sounds like a foolproof argument.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It’s obvious that the real ‘enemy’ of Western Imperialism is China, but as no-one’s going to mess with them directly, it’s in the West’s interests to block any possible Chinese expansion via territories where they have a lot of economic influence, such as Iran. And why North Korea is an ‘enemy’; the West does not in any way give a fudge about ‘democracy’, it’s never about anything like that, it’s just a massive game of Risk!. Occupy as many territories as possible, in order to block any potential expansion into those territories you might want to pillage yourself.

It’s incredibly sad that this is being done under the lie of ‘protecting freedom and democracy’, and even sadder that so many people fall for it. 🙁

Maybe they’ve drunk too much Kool-Ade….

allmountainventure
    Free Member

buzz-lightyear – Member
    So will it all be OK when Iran becomes a nuclear power? If not, what then?

Most likely out come is a nuclear arms race in the middle east and a greater prospect of people seeing this.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUe9S8O-tUo&feature=related[/video]

Iran are already breaking the 1968 non proliferation treaty (which they signed). They could either cooperate with the IAEA under the terms of the treaty or give 3 months notice and leave it. They are opting for neither.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

you know that Iran will become a nuclear power, as opposed to just generating nuclear energy, because the US, and other imperialist nations, say so ?

I don’t know do I 🙄 ? But the I reckon the balance of probabilities is that they are as interested in weapons as energy. You don’t seem to agree; fine. Putting aside anti-American sentiment, can you justify your opinion?

druidh
    Free Member

Can’t we just give each country in the middle east one decent sized bomb each (OK – with a delivery capability) and then let them work it out for themselves??

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Iran are already breaking the 1968 non proliferation treaty (which they signed).

Pft. The USA break every convention and treaty ever written, on a regular basis. Iran are probbly desperately trying to arm themselves as a measure to protect their own borders from invasion, which as it stands, looks quite likely.

The biggest threat to Global stability is the USA. Simple fact. The one nation which must be stopped in it’s tracks over all others, is the USA.

Otherwise we’re all flipped.

druidh
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    Iran are probbly desperately trying to arm themselves as a measure to protect their own borders from invasion

A strategy which has already been proven to be successful.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Iran are already breaking the 1968 non proliferation treaty (which they signed)

The United States is breaking the 1968 non-proliferation treaty everyday.

I would suggest that we attack the US for violation of 1968 non-proliferation treaty, but then of course the UK is also in breach of the 1968 non-proliferation treaty.

Hypocrisy by the West……..who would have thought it eh ?

allmountainventure
    Free Member

The Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, also referred to as the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), obligates the five acknowledged nuclear-weapon states (the United States, Russian Federation, United Kingdom, France, and China) not to transfer nuclear weapons, other nuclear explosive devices, or their technology to any non-nuclear-weapon state. Nuclear weapon States Parties are also obligated, under Article VI, to “pursue negotiations in good faith on effective measures relating to cessation of the nuclear arms race at an early date and to nuclear disarmament, and on a treaty on general and complete disarmament under strict and effective international control.” Non-nuclear-weapon States Parties undertake not to acquire or produce nuclear weapons or nuclear explosive devices. They are required also to accept safeguards to detect diversions of nuclear materials from peaceful activities, such as power generation, to the production of nuclear weapons or other nuclear explosive devices. This must be done in accordance with an individual safeguards agreement, concluded between each non-nuclear-weapon State Party and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). Under these agreements, all nuclear materials in peaceful civil facilities under the jurisdiction of the state must be declared to the IAEA, whose inspectors have routine access to the facilities for periodic monitoring and inspections. If information from routine inspections is not sufficient to fulfill its responsibilities, the IAEA may consult with the state regarding special inspections within or outside declared facilities.

Which part?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

That part. ^

The US and UK have bin supplying Israel with nukey bits for decades. Israel denies having nukes, but it’s widely accepted that they do. And it doesn’t take a genius to work out where they got them from.

does not in any way Iran allow UN inspectors in to come and have a look round? Does Israel?

scraprider
    Free Member

nuke from orbit , let the insects takesover.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Which part?

This bit :

“pursue negotiations in good faith on effective measures relating to cessation of the nuclear arms race at an early date and to nuclear disarmament, and on a treaty on general and complete disarmament under strict and effective international control.”

Signatories have an obligation to general and complete nuclear disarmament. Maintaining nuclear arsenals with no intention of disarming is in violation of the treaty. As is also without a doubt, developing new generations of nuclear weapons such as Trident.

weester

Elfinsafety, you are bang on the money, Iran ONLY needs to protect itself against the ‘anti-semitists’ that are Israel.
    Allmountainadventure, stop reading the mainstream media. It isn’t impartial.
    Buzz-lightyear, as above.
    WE HAVE ALL BEEN PLAYED;
    1871: An American General named, Albert Pike, who had been enticed into the Illuminati by Guissepe Mazzini, completes his military blueprint for three world wars and various revolutions throughout the world, culminating into moving this great conspiracy into its final stage.
    The first world war is to be fought for the purpose of destroying the Tsar in Russia,as promised by Nathan Mayer Rothschild in 1815. The Tsar is to be replaced with communism which is to be used to attack religions, predominantly Christianity. The differences between the British and German empires are to be used to forment this war.
    The second world war is to be used to forment the controversy between facism and political zionism with the slaughter of Jews in Germany a lynchpin in bringing hatred against the German people. This is designed to destroy fascism (which the Rothschilds created) and increase the power of political zionism. This war is also designed to increase the power of communism to the level that it equalled that of united Christendom.
    The third world war is to be played out by stirring up hatred of the Muslim world for the purposes of playing the Islamic world and the political zionists off against one another. Whilst this is going on, the remaining nations would be forced to fight themselves into a state of mental, physical, spiritual and economic exhaustion.
    On August 15th of this year, Albert Pike writes a letter (now catalogued in the British Museum) to Guiseppe Mazzini in which he states the following,
    “We shall unleash the nihilists and the atheists and we shall provoke a great social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to all nations the effect of absolute atheism; the origins of savagery and of most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the people will be forced to defend themselves against the world minority of the world revolutionaries and will exterminate those destroyers of civilization and the multitudes disillusioned with Christianity whose spirits will be from that moment without direction and leadership and anxious for an ideal, but without knowledge where to send its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer brought finally out into public view. A manifestation which will result from a general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and Atheism; both conquered and exterminated at the same time.”

Accept it!

5thElefant
    Free Member

KT1973
    Free Member

We should absolutely not go to war with Iran unless they attack us first.
    And they wont.

weester

5thElephant, all just an incredible coincidence then, eh? I could direct you to a few hundred more if it pleases?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

1871: An American General named, Albert Pike

…………On August 15th of this year, Albert Pike writes a letter

This geezer is still alive ? How old is he ? ….. he was already a general 140 years ago.

What has he done…..sold his soul to the Devil ?

weester

He died in 1891.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Spooky :

On August 15th of this year, Albert Pike writes a letter (now catalogued in the British Museum) to Guiseppe Mazzini in which he states the following

From beyond the grave eh ?

chewkw
    Free Member

weester – Member

chewkw Your suffering from an extreme case of ‘moral relavitism’

😆 Crikey big words that ‘moral relativism’. My head hurts.

I doubt I am that complicated to suffer from moral relativism as my view is not related to either ethical or unethical moral dilemma in any specific context.

My view is simple. The winner(s) set the rules and the losers follow and if they refuse they get punish. Simple. If nuking to get the job done so be it (we may win or we may lose). People suffer people die so if one does not want to suffer or die then one should control/better oneself and stop trying to change the world or others, which apply to all including those rogue states … yes, rogue.

🙄

druidh
    Free Member

This year = 1871. Confusing use of language.

druidh
    Free Member

chewkw – If you don’t mind me asking, what is your nationality and original language? Thanks.

weester

null
    Ernie-lynch, are you pissed? It clearly means August 1871.

Chewkw, pft! Did you know that the only middle eastern country to have ever shot down an air liner (with passengers) is Israel (not to mention their other numerous crimes). Is that Rogue enough for you?

Have a look at what these ‘rogues’ have to say. http://www.rabbisforpalestine.org/

weester

Druidh, sensible questions from a sensible Briton!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ernie-lynch, are you pissed? It clearly means August 1871.

No I’m not pissed. If you meant August 1871, then why did you say “On August 15th of this year” ?

At least I made an effort to read your long-winded post, I bet many haven’t bothered. Git.

weester

Lol. Not my words chief! However, it seemed fairly self explanatory to me.

konabunny
    Free Member

Huzzah, I’m all for it, let’s show Jerry Jihadi what’s what, they don’t like it up ’em, we need a short, cleansing thunderstorm, it’ll all be over by Christmas.

chewkw
    Free Member

druidh – Member

chewkw – If you don’t mind me asking, what is your nationality and original language? Thanks.

Is that important? Or to be specific a place that is infested with maggots that does/will not try to understand you because you have loose morals and not “God” fearing people. In their eyes you are all Zionists’ muppets if you do not bow to their one and only true God 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Is that important?

I think it is. I want to know if you are a hornet or a self-righteous maggot.

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

I think it is. I want to know if you are a hornet or a self-righteous maggot.

Neither. I am just a figment of your imagination. :mrgreen:

I don’t mind being labelled as either hornet or maggot … all will eventually die anyway.

weester

Chewkw, you are a psychopath. Possibly even a zionist. Mankind is not a cancer on the earth, but zionists are!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Is this the weirdest thread ever on STW?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 182 total)

The topic ‘Should Britain go to war with Iran?’ is closed to new replies.