Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Should all cyclist be banned from the roads? (WARNING Titchmarsh show content)
  • HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

.. as discussed by transport experts Alan Titchmarsh and Christopher Biggins…

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/bike-blog/2013/sep/26/should-cyclists-be-banned

Apparently Tichmarsh started the debate on Twitter by saying… “Cyclists – do you find them as annoying as a wasp at a picnic and think they should all be banned…?” before deleting it later.

pondo

Do we find what annoying, and why is he just asking us cyclists?

jameso

mrmo
    Free Member

don’t feed the media trolls….

When the mail/telegraph/ITV stop getting money by being negative then maybe they will stop

takisawa2

The clue is in his name.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

‘He pushed me a caramel slice (this is not a euphemism). ‘

He he he he

brooess
    Free Member

This anti-cycling angle taken by parts of the media and the public is so childish… ‘you don’t want to play my game so I’m going to bully you and call you names’ I’m not sure they realise how immature they look…

And the best part of it, they’ve lost the argument!

Two knighthoods last year, massively improved public profile of the professionals, massive public support for ToB, Boris Bikes and Ride London, and increasing numbers of people cycling…

There are a lot of factors driving down car usage all across the developed nations, not least the fact that it’s generally a rotten experience, as well as expensive.

The haters can whinge, petition, lie and manipulate as much as they like but they’re not going to reverse a long-term trend…

Just hope I can ride unscathed in the meantime…

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I cycle on the public footpath along his garden fence regularly. Perhaps I am the few that have ruined him for the rest of you. Perhaps not. Though I did get a telling off from another local recently. He pointed out that it was a footpath, I duly agreed and explained that’s why I had dismounted to give way.
    Equally as much a non story as Mr T’s opinion on cyclists.

jameso

Equally as much a non story as Mr T’s opinion on cyclists.

Mr T is anti-cyclist?! Nooo…. now I actually am upset. I may ride a bike but I ain’t no fool. Sucka.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I agree with brooess

moss
    Free Member

Brooess said :
    The haters can whinge, petition, lie and manipulate as much as they like but they’re not going to reverse a long-term trend…

Just hope I can ride unscathed in the meantime…

Me too!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Should all cyclist be banned from the roads? (WARNING Titchmarsh show content)’ is closed to new replies.