Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • shorts with waterproof bum
  • karnali
    Free Member

I like th look of the endura mt500 spray shorts but are there any other shorts out there with just a waterproof backside in them, I dont get on with 3/4’s so the altura ones are out.

cheers

GW
    Free Member

Try sealskin Y fronts!

neninja
    Free Member

I’m on my 2nd pair of MT500’s

The first pair leaked, the seat material delaminated and the stitching came apart at the crotch.

The replacement pair were the same size on the label but feel a full a size smaller.
    The newer pair have a few changes to elements that were a problem with the 1st pair – more of the seams are taped, better waist tightening system. However the soft shell material used in some areas lets water straight through and the seams leak.

It is a shame as they have the potential to be really good but I simply couldn’t recommend them from my personal experience of 2 different pairs.

senorj

I bought the endura mt500 ones you mentioned.
    On the third ride they leaked on the seams.
    Then the waterproofed “Arse” panel lost its sheen.
    I had followed the washing instructions.
    Bummer. Next time I’ll stick with gore.

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Ditto with mine, I bought them in October, should probably try and send them back.

Are there any equivalents that work better? They were literally the best things I owned until they lost the waterproofness.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Endura superlite

cynic-al
    Free Member

Can’t believe no one has said…

…”MUDGUARDS FTW” 😀

peachos
    Free Member

i got some spray shorts too thinking they were a good idea – they’re not really – only properly work if there is very little water on the ground and even then often get wet coz of the large proportion of the short not being waterproof. i use my dhb event shorts far more often.

plus the endura ones are really badly made!

chakaping
    Free Member

i use my dhb event shorts far more often.

How have these lasted?

I’ve killed three pairs of Endura Venturi and now one pait of Altura Attack – so I want somehting more durable!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

+1 for the Endura Superlite.
    very waterproof. And light. Mind you, I have mudguards too, which helps. 🙂

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Are peoples arses not waterproof or some thing?

GW
    Free Member

not completely, most have a hole in from new.

pixelmix
    Free Member

I’ve been wearing DHB eVent shorts over my 3/4 length tights for damp days recently. Not 100% dry, but comfortable enough. For a 2hr ride round Innerleithen last week (not raining, but lots of puddles from melting snow), my friend was complaining of cold, wet cheeks, but I was warm and dry enough for the full ride.

Not ridden them lots, but no wear issues so far.

neil853
    Free Member

and yet i’ve had my mt500’s for three or four months and they’ve been fine, shows the hit and miss nature of endura stuff right now 🙄 I’ve got two pairs and both have been fine

Mounty_73

+1 for the Endura Superlite.

boxelder

I too use the Enduras – I’d let you try them, but they may be a bit big!

Drac

Enura Events for me as advertised on a PSA here some weeks back.

Feel great riding in the wet and mud not having a wet backside.

Altura attack are short shorts.

jpriddy
    Free Member

+1 for super lights

peachos
    Free Member

chakaping – Member
    i use my dhb event shorts far more often.
    How have these lasted?

yeah very well – had them for maybe a year or so and no issues apart from the fact they didn’t have a drawcord in the waistband so kept slipping down. easily fixed with a pair of scissors and a drawcord from a hoody though and no probs since. they do a great job. i really like the length (just below the knee) but they are quite narrow so tend to bunch up a bit when worn with knee pads, but that’s not a major problem.

these ones – http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-wickham-event-waterproof-shorts/?referid=bloggle

z1ppy

This aint encouraging I wanted some of the new MT500’s.
    Altura attack 3/4’s for proper waterproof shorts otherwise.

chakaping
    Free Member

Cheers Peachos/Pixelmix – I shall try DHB next then.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘shorts with waterproof bum’ is closed to new replies.