Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Shorts with hip padding?
  • yorkshire89
    Free Member

I’m after some suggestions for shorts with hip padding after an off at the weekend and limping around like a pensioner since 😳

What do you use? Liners with integrated pads, or shorts with removable pads?

Just something to take the brunt of the impact really, fairly lightweight that you don’t notice when riding, if possible…

aP
    Free Member
    yorkshire89
    Free Member

€300, and a bib 😮

I’m looking for MTB baggy shorts ideally, or liners.

chip
    Free Member

I got a couple of pairs of kooga padded goal keepers undershorts,
    Last year from m&m sports as they were under a tenner at the time.
    Padding is very good.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Decathlon do cheapo tights with a bit of hip padding but it really is a bit

shredder
    Free Member

Troy Lee Moto should come with hip pads.

chip
    Free Member

These are mine,
    Appear to actually be rugby shorts.
    Linky

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Cheers, those kooga shorts look almost perfect. Is there anything cycling specific with seat padding too?

sazter

The link from the other day with the “ugly” shorts is a pair for £11.45 with removable hip pads. I bought them and intend on getting them so muddy they cannot be identified.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

661 do some armoured short liners, I’ve got some. But they’ve not got a chamois, but they are quite thin so on all but really hot days you could wear them with bibs or thin liners under baggies.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Thanks, will check out the 661s!

weeksy

Them £10 CRC bargain stormtrooper ones come with hip pads actually !

chipster

I got a pair of the Troy Lee Moto shorts a couple of years back, following a PSA on here.
    Quality shorts, with removable pads. They’re a bit warm in summer, mind.

Painey
    Free Member

You can usually search for padded/impact shorts on ebay. I wear them for snowboarding and they’re very handy when you hit patches of ice and the board flies out from under you.

Northwind

661 bomber (especially the evo) are good- basically a spandexy undershort with padding. Only a little hotter than normal boxers, no real downsides except for the horrendous ball stench that they emit when you take them off. The evos are thin but possibly the pads could be a bit bigger on the hip, they need careful placement. The other ones are much bulkier.

weeksy

yorkshire89 – Member

These badboys?
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/fly-racing-attack-shorts-2013/rp-prod131631

Yup, don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t call it ‘substantial’ but I don’t know what you were expecting in all honesty.

sazter

This is what the ones in the fly shorts are like, well near enough. Same kind as in most dh shorts & trews, attach via velcro inside the waistband of the shorts.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

The 661 bombers look good, but it looks like they’ve been replaced with 661 ‘Sub’shorts and I’m not too sure if they come with a chamois.

Weeksy, not looking for anything substantial, just some thin foam should help for most falls. Those shorts look terrible though 🙁

Think I’ll go for these, it’s the only pair I’ve seen which mention having a chamois.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/one-industries-exo-short-w-elite-chamois/rp-prod129864

Cheers for the advice 🙂

Northwind

POC ones have a wee chamois too- though very small compared to a normal shortliner nappy. I’m not a chamois dude so I sent mine back but they seemed good otherwise

yorkshire89
    Free Member

POCs look good but waaay out of my budget unfortunately!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Evoc do some with a chamois – worked well for me last year at FOD when I landed on them hard :

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/evoc-crash-pants-bike-protector-shorts-224726/varid-224825?currency=3&delivery_country=190&gclid=CNzuoKD4tsMCFeHLtAodIQUADQ

I looked around but these were the only ones I could see with a chamois.

I order two pairs to see which fitted best (32 inch waist) and the black large pair fitted well, whereas the blue medium pair were too big !

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Shorts with hip padding?’ is closed to new replies.