Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • shorts to keep your backside dry
  • ac505
    Free Member

after a somewhat soggy/snowy day at Glentress today, I’ve decided a need a new pair of shorts. Can anybody suggest some (not 3/4 length) that will keep my backside reasonably dry?

bol

Altura Attacks do the job for me. Available as shorts, although I use 3/4s.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Altura semi-dry 3/4s ?

Waterproof portion to protect your chamios, normal shorts elsewhere.

mattp
    Free Member

I bought a pair of umbro rain trousers for about £5 from JJB and cut the legs to length – thay may not look the best but they fold to virtually nothing and slip on over whatever else i’m wearing. everything else i tried was either too thick or not waterproof… i’m sure rapha or assos do something very similar for 20x the price.

Northwind

Altura Attacks are perfect, and not expensive either- barely more than any other good quality shorts. They’re a wee bit rustly but otherwise just shorts. Altura kit’s not always got the best rep but mine are well used and still working perfectly, I reckon a lot of people kill waterproof kit with washing or hanging on radiators or similiar.

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Altura attack used here as well. Do the job nicely. No inner short though.

BenjiM

I’m using Altura attacks but the pocket zips went within about 2 weeks of use. Other than that they are an ok waterproof short.

shortcut

Crud guard here unless it’s really wet. Then Amrita attacks which are ok!

neninja
    Free Member

My Endura MT500 baggies did a job until the crotch seam came apart and the waterproof seat started to delaminate.

Not recommended which is a shame

Baldysquirt

I’m on Altura Attack pair two and they’re also not waterproof. They then keep my arse wetter than normal shorts ‘cos they don’t breathe as well. I’ve given up and will be asking for my money back. Not sure which way to go next, though.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Hate to say it but my army goretex trousers are brilliant. £23.00 off ebay and shortened to just over the knee.
    These keep my backside lovely and dry every time.

ThePilot
    Free Member

+1 for the army Goretex trousers. I’ve cut mine down to just above the knee and use them with waterproof leg warmers. Worked a treat yesterday in the non-stop rain. Got them for a tenner off eBay.

soobalias
    Free Member

had three pairs of army gortex trousers (£9-£15 inc postage)

two of which have had next to no waistband and no pockets – the other pair are really comfy with waterproof zipped side pockets….. just a shame i dont remember exactly where i bought them

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘shorts to keep your backside dry’ is closed to new replies.