Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Shorts – recommendations please
  • brassneck

Looking for some quality lycra shorts, as they have to also support my darkside habit – thinking MT500 sort of price/performance, but I’ve never actually owned a pair – are they comfy and tough? Any others worth considering that poeple own at this price point?

Not bothered about bibs unless you can really sell their benefits, and I can’t afford Assos 🙂

jfeb
    Free Member

My current favourites are Altura Airstream shorts. 8-panel (more panels=better fit), nice chamois (nicely padded but doesn’t feel like you are wearing a nappy) and a great fit, for me at least. Less than £30 too!

sockpuppet

i find bibs much more comfy. you don’t really notice the waistband in shorts in much the same way you don’t really notice eyebrows… big difference when absent!

FuzzyWuzzy

I always wear bibs too for the extra comfort (unless wearing baggies with integral liner). I pretty much always buy Specialized ones unless there’s a bargain on somewhere, noticeably better quality/comfort than cheapie Altura type stuff but without the crazy Assos/Rapha price tag.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Bibs are best IMHO, – no chance of getting yer crack out on a ride, and getting that little gap between cleft, and jersey..

I’ve just got some of them DHB ones from Wiggle.

Seem very nice so far..

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

I wear bibs under a pair of cargo shorts. I like something a little more rugged on the outside. Sitting on a rock in lycra feels like sitting on it naked, and a fall can shred lycra.

I wear suspenders under my jersey to keep the cargo shorts from snagging the saddle.

Orwell was a f#@king optimist.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Shorts – recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.