Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Shorts: Hummvee or Singletrack?
  • joao3v16
    Free Member

Which should I buy?

Pretty much decided I’m going for Endura.
    Current Singletrack’s have lasted 3 years.

What is the actual difference between the Hummvee & Singletrack?

Other than the click-fast liner, that I won’t use (probably)…

chakaping
    Free Member

Singletrack is a stiffer material, water-resistant I think. Cut is a bit closer too.

zippykona

I find the humvee cooler.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    xcwanabe
    Free Member

Cut is a bit closer too

agree,
    Got Singletrack and Humvees perfer the cut of the Singletrack shorts plus like the magnetic pocket closure.

don’t use clip in liner either.

Stevelol
    Free Member

I have a pair of singletrack shorts that are about 3 years old, I’ve had my mum sew up the arse a few times after ripping them. I’ve just got a new pair of 3/4 length humvee, they’re slightly lighter weight but seem more water resistant than the singletracks.

samuri
    Free Member

Singletracks are better shorts IMO. Mainly because they don’t hold as much water and dry out quicker.

matt_outandabout

I have to say, my hummvees are over done on the features/pockets front and odd baggy shape. I also have stitching coming apart already ( 🙁 Endura are normally superb)
    My older, simple (two pockets+great cut) Sombrio shorts are much better on the bike.
    If I was spending the money on a new pair of shorts, I would be looking for simpler, softshell shorts.

Nick

As usual I am happy to pay postage for any unwanted Endura clickfast liner shorts that people dont want. Thanks.

scotroutes

🙂

I always find them a size too small (i.e. a Small Short and a Medium Liner would probably fit better)

Nick

I did that once by mistake in a bike shop, was all abit odd when wearing them, bunching up sort of thing.

I’m thinking about adding some new 3/4 to my collection, have a pair of Humvee Shorts and a pair of Singletracks and the Singletracks are a little nicer.

However, the pockets are ace for bivvy trips ala the Welsh Ride Thing, maps sit in the back of the leg pocket perfectly and snacks and stuff fit in other pockets.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

I bought a pair of large singletracks the other day, and while they fit and look fine stood up, they bunch up high around my quads when I’m riding and then have to be pulled back down when I get off, anyone else found this? Are the humvees possibly a larger fit around the quads? The XL will be too big round the waist.

rocketman
    Free Member

Singletracks are too short and XCJ for me.

Humvees baggier and trail-tastic

Neither as good as Endura’s Downhill shorts which are just ORSUM imo

andytherocketeer

Sizing thing is a bit of an issue when you have to have shorts labelled as XXL rather than XL, because of Endura’s screwed up sizing. New XXL clickfast seem smaller than then XXL Humvees that you’d think they’re supposed to fit.

Does “closer cut” mean or imply there is less room for manoeuvre inside a pair of Singletrack vs Humvees? If so, I’ll get more Humvees.

martinhutch

I’ve got large Humvees, and it’s a tight fit with the liner in, so I usually don’t bother with it. (I’m 30 waist). Seem quite close fitting leg-wise, although not restricting.

failedengineer

I’m 30 waist and I’ve got a small and a medium pair of Humvees. Both appear to be exactly the same size and a tad small for me. Plus, the popper pos out all the time. Look good though.

marko75
    Free Member

Best shorts ever: Gore Plaster Ultra – comes with detachable inners and even after giving them a summer/autumn or hell they still look smart!

Same price as Singletracks also 🙂

gazc
    Free Member

i’ve had a few pairs of few humvees. really like the zillion pockets for tours/longer rides/quick blasts when i can stick a few snacks/buff/extra gloves/map/phone/wallet etc in there so not need to wear a pack or have said items readily available. tend to wear my other shorts (which are more like the singletracks) for trail centres/DH rides

acidchunks

Humvees are ace but the arse stitching will wear out within 12 months.

spacemonkey

Pretty much as above.

Third pair of Humvees here.

andytherocketeer

Got about 4 pairs of Humvees (3 normal, 1 long), all OK (apart from sizing designed to make peoeple guilty about eating too many pies). Stitching is all OK. 1-2 pairs are several (like 5-6) years old.

johnhe

I buy Humvees cause I like having the options of loads of pockets.

gazc
    Free Member

should also add i’ve worn through a few pairs of humvees too. the stitching aint the best but a £5 repair down at my local clothing alteration place and they’re good for another year or two

Spin
    Free Member

The old singletracks were great.

New ones are sh1te as they don’t have the little belt and the press studs are weak so they keep popping open. Even if you’re not a biffer.

portlyone

The Humvee XL is the same as the Singletrack XXL IME

andrewni
    Free Member

Humvees lasted 2 years till the arse stitching has given up and the whole panel is very worn. Ill not be replacing them like for like as I’d like to try something different, probably try royal’s dh version next and keep the humvees as spares

toby1

The old singletracks were great.

New ones are sh1te as they don’t have the little belt and the press studs are weak so they keep popping open. Even if you’re not a biffer.

In my case – which is a shame as I love the old ones. Currently ruining a pair of MT500’s – daily use for about the last 8 months, looking shabby now!

chakaping
    Free Member

OP – drop me a line if you are a medium, I have a pair of (old model) Singletracks I’ve worn once and an older pair of Humvees that you could have for less than a new pair of Humvees.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Shorts: Hummvee or Singletrack?’ is closed to new replies.