Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Shorts for the "larger rider"?
  • _tom_
    Free Member

I'm about a 38-42" waist, depending on the brand. From what I've seen, Endura are the only brand that go this big. Any other suggestions before I get a pair of Zymes?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Altura go that big I think..

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I really struggled for a while to get decent sized shorts but I have found Fox to be well sized for 38inch waist! Possibly worth a shout just to see what you think? Not sure on the model I got though sorry!

I know a few big lads who wear Altura as-well.

_tom_
    Free Member

Cheers guys. The Altura Ascent look alright and more waterproof than the Zymes. Any idea how long they are? I want about knee length if a little longer, as no one wants to see fat thighs in short shorts 😆

jimmy

Dakine look generously sized. Nice shorts, too.

speaker2animals

I've got a pair of 3/4 Zymes in XXL for sale in the Classifieds! In good condition, little used as slightly too big for me.

gab344
    Free Member

I find both pairs of my Endura shorts (Zmyes and Singletracks) cut too tightly around the thigh, in-spite of the fact they are a very generous fit for me around the waist!
    I am an "ahem" a larger gentleman with a "rugby player" build, fine if you are a whippet I suppose, but I can't personally recommend endura's for those with chunky legs!

_tom_
    Free Member

hmm.. well I dunno about my thighs. They used to be much bigger but as I lost a load of weight (yes I used to have a much bigger waist than 40" 😯 ) they've got a bit smaller. How tight are we talking, to the point of being uncomfortable, or just not quite as loose as you'd like?

batman11
    Free Member

Also worth considering troy lee kit there xc air shorts come in on the generous side as well. Not cheep but will last way longer then endura and altura clothing for sure.
    Bat.

bigsi
    Free Member

Mace shorts fit my ample 44" waist.

Look cool off the bike as well if thats important to you !

curtisthecat
    Free Member

I have just discovered Royal Racing as the sizing seems to come up very large. Well built, quality items as well.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Shorts for the "larger rider"?’ is closed to new replies.