Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Shortish routes near Aberfeldy
  • Gnnr

Any tips for routes near Aberfeldy, going up next weekend.

Looking for a route that’s fairly quick as the missus will have our wee chap in the local pool, guessing patience will be pushed if it takes too long.

I know there are some way-marked trails at Drummond hill but wondering if there is a more technical option.

Cheers, G

Gnnr

ah well out with “wheresthepath” then…

Steve_B

I would be interested in this as well as my wife is going up there shortly. I once went up there to follow a route in the Harry Henniker* book – I’m a bit wiser now! If you have time to go slightly further afield there is loads of good stuff out of Dunkeld and Pitlochry (and plenty of good advice from the local bike shop in Pitlochry)

There do appear to be plenty of tracks and dashed lines in the area so there must be some potential. I found this website a while ago – at least it gives some ideas

http://www.cyclehighlandperthshire.com/home/mountain-bike-routes/aberfeldy-kenmore–weem.aspx

* obviously a lover of firetrack in dense sitka forest – maybe the forest wasnt grown when he wrote the book since they are rather old

matt_outandabout

*Paging captainmainwaring to the forum*

Drummond hill can be as techno as you like – you will see single track / wee paths heading off in all directions.

There are also many trails hidden above Weem, again it is an ‘explore’ to find, some near DH tracks I believe (from Glassie track???), I have found a few and they are fun 🙂

Also Kennard forest has some fun supposedly, but I have only walked a few bits.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Shortish routes near Aberfeldy’ is closed to new replies.