Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shortest dropper post
  • Xar
    Free Member

What’s the shortest dropper post out there? My daughter has a xs Trance, there’s about 16cm max insertion in to the seat tube and she has her saddle at about 16cm again. There was a thread on here a few months ago about someone with a similar issue but i can’t find it.

nickjb
    Free Member
    evh22
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/small-frame-seat-post-reverb-quandary

Got a KS supernatural. Definately didn’t need more than 75mm of drop. Only downside is it has got gunked up after only 3 (albeit peak grit and mud) rides so needs to be kept clean.

Xar
    Free Member

Thanks nickjb but not that one. But the idea of cutting a GD (or similar) hadn’t occured to me.

evh22 thats the one. I thought the KS were 380ish which is about 60mm to much or are you running it half mast if you ctch my drift?

edit: Just noticed in the thread someone said you can get a 300mm KS i’m guessing thats what you went for?

evh22
    Free Member

Yes: 7.5cm drop, then collar and the rest in the frame. £125 on hibike. Is that enough drop for her?

evh22
    Free Member

When you look: Dropzone = 2cm layback. Supernatural = no layback
    They never tell you these things!

Xar
    Free Member

Thanks evh22. Should be plenty for her, her current seat post is only 9-10 inch.

JoeG
    Free Member

evh – do the KS Supernat come with this mud guard??

evh22
    Free Member

Yes, but its no match for the peak grime. 😥

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shortest dropper post’ is closed to new replies.