Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Shorter Shock on Heckler?
  • andylux
    Free Member

I am thinking of buying a new heckler frame to run with my pikes. just wondered wether it was viable to fit a slightly shorter shock (eye to eye) to slacken the head angle a smidge. I realise I would have to make the swap following purchase etc.

Just wondered whether anyone had done this already??

also interested if any one has gone for a shorter stroke to reduce the travel and make the bike more trail like than all mountain like.??

hillsplease

Yes. I had a 5th Element that was 1/2 inch shorter than the air shock that cam with it. Whic hin turn on the 04 model I’ve got is I think 1/4 inch shorter than the coil shock that was the other shock option.

It was alarmingly stable at speed (slacker head angle) plusher (coil v air – no surprise) and clattered the pedals/ crank arms off anything bigger then a pebble – which ran contrary to the ‘go fast downhill’ feel of the thing.

For me – I got bored of pedal strikes. If you can find a cheap shock on here give it a go – or if you’re in Manchester we can try a shock swap for a bit and see how you get on. I won’t be doinbg it again.

Cheers

Paul

andylux
    Free Member

Thanks a lot for the offer Paul, but unfortunately i’m down South.

Any one else with experience of this?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Shorter Shock on Heckler?’ is closed to new replies.