Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Shortening Rockshox Rev Travel
  • fathomer

This is early days yet, but, I’ve got a set of 140mm travel RCT3 2015 Rev’s that I might want to put on my Cotic Soul.

I believe this can be done by replacing the air shaft for not a massive amount money or technical knowhow. Question is, what’s the shortest travel I can go to as I’d like to stick at 120mm if possible.

dannyh
    Free Member

It can’t be done. Just flog them to me for a ton and we’ll say no more about it 🙂

I don’t know about your query to be honest, but it would be good to see you for a ride and a pint on a Wednesday soon.

Stiggy

120mm no problem. LBS should be able to order the necessary Air Shaft.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Danny’s got a point there fella – is the RCT3 damping that much better than the damping in a Reba that’s already at the right travel?

darrenspink
    Free Member

100mm

Although….

A. Double check that
    B. Not sure if you can get a 100mm air shaft

And yes it is relatively easy to change the travel.

fathomer

dannyh – Member
    I don’t know about your query to be honest, but it would be good to see you for a ride and a pint on a Wednesday soon.

I was planning on comming over tonight but an unplanned garage stop for the car means I’ve got no way of getting over.

mrbelowski – Member
    Danny’s got a point there fella – is the RCT3 damping that much better than the damping in a Reba that’s already at the right travel?

Quite possibly not, but I’m pretty sure the bushes are shot on the Reba’s. Plus the fact they’ve not been serviced in the 3.5years I’ve had them, it maybe almost as cheap to replace.

120mm was what I was hoping to hear, a call to Loco may be in order I think.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Danny’s got some nice new 120mm Rebas on his 456, if you ask him nicely he might trade

fathomer

99.9% sure the bushes are shot, which in turn has scratched the stanchions 🙁

Going to use it as an excuse to buy some Pikes for the full sus, which unfortunately will also need lowering.

So other than Loco, who I’ve emailed, does anyone know anywhere else I can get the bits from. Pretty sure the part numbers are:

11.4018.022.003 Air Shaft Revelation 120mm travel 26”/27.5”/29”
    11.4018.026.010 Air Shaft PIKE Solo Air 140mm travel 26”/130mm travel 27.5”

Cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Shortening Rockshox Rev Travel’ is closed to new replies.