Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Shortening a Reverb Hose
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

Doeable with standard cable-cutters?

Any tips?

Scapegoat

Doable with cable cutters, but make sure you round off the hole before you trry to put the spike back in. Much easier and neater with a new Stanley blade.

russianbob
    Free Member

Google the video. Incredibly easy using a Stanley knife blade. Amazingly no need to bleed. Which I didn’t quite understand.

thelonebiker
    Free Member

I had to bleed the system as I kept touching the remote button when screwing the hose onto the spike.
    It was pretty easy to bleed with the kit and a youtube video as reference.

Scapegoat

I have managed a coule without having to bleed, using a Stanley blade. The one I did last week I used a cable cutter, the hole was less precise, I too hit the remote button and had to bleed it. 🙁 Even a decent sharp kitchen knife would be better than a cable cutter.

growinglad
    Free Member

Google the video. Incredibly easy using a Stanley knife blade. Amazingly no need to bleed. Which I didn’t quite understand.

+1

Check out youtube…tis a piece of piddle. As already mentioned, just don’t touch the button whilst you are sodding around with it.

patriotpro
    Free Member

so don’t touch the button…You know what i’m subconsciously wanting to do now don’t you… 😉

Cheers all

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

I cut mine with blunt snips, then dropped the remote on the floor by accident. It still didnt need a bleed

Mugboo

Good SRAM video on YouTube, Stanley knife is perfect and it’s easier to take the remote off the bars and screw it back on to the hose. Most important bit is making sure that the speed adjuster is turned all the way in or out? Can’t remember which but I did one the wrong way and it then needed a bleed!

patriotpro
    Free Member

Done! Was straight-forward enough. Found getting the hose off and back on more difficult than I anticipated but no biggy. 8)

Only thing is that the remote button needs to be pressed about 90% for any post movement to register – dies this sound normal?

eyerideit
    Free Member

Mine did something similar after shortening the hose and needed bleeding.

😕

patriotpro
    Free Member

The remote or system?

eyerideit
    Free Member

I just bled the whole system.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Not cool.

tonyd

Sounds like you need a bleed.

Not cool.

Why so? Something else the matter?

btw, if you don’t have a bleed kit a standard they’re £15 or so from t’internet (epic bleed solutions, also on here). I bought one in the end as I didn’t want to mix oil weights in syringes. It arrived in a couple of days IIRC.

Mugboo

PatriotPro, if your anywhere nr Brighouse you can borrow mine. You may have had the adjuster turned the wrong way.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Mugboo – That is a kind offer and I am not far from Brighouse (Low Moor, Bradford) as it happens. It came with a bleed-kit so i’m sorted on that front, i’m just being lazy as can’t really be arsed bleeding it. I’ll do the remote and see if that sorts it.

btw mugboo – If you fancy joining me and the group i go riding with on a trail day, then feel free to join us next time we go. Let me know and i can give you a shout…

Mugboo

No worries, I’ll drop you an email 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Shortening a Reverb Hose’ is closed to new replies.