Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Short Woburn GoPro video
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Got a GoPro 2 the other day so thought I’d see what it’s like.. I tried to make it as interesting as possible but it’s hard with just headcam stuff. Pretty impressed with the quality for such a small camera and it’s way better than the original GoPro I borrowed in Whistler. Need to get a better SD card and start using the ProTune settings though.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/307129/

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Ace skillz, totally rad.

maxtorque

Nice little short vid! As always the camera flattens it all out

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Always fancied a trip to Woburn… Looks good. A bit like Lee Quarry in the woods!

kayak23

Nice

ampthill

Great skills

Great vid

I know I shouldn’t as but why not use the proper parking spaces 200m up the road?

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

Totally bodacious dude.

_tom_
    Free Member

I know I shouldn’t as but why not use the proper parking spaces 200m up the road?

Mostly laziness but also the bridleway between the car park and the dh stuff gets so boggy when its been wet.

Totally bodacious dude.

😆 😀

mrmoofo

Woburn has changed so much since I first went there in 1990 !!

maxtorque

I had thought about doing a Woburn video, but it would just show me getting off and walking or just neatly avoiding all those features!

😉

transporter13
    Free Member

I see the new run into the first hip is better now.

How are you getting on with the voltage?

_tom_
    Free Member

Loving the Voltage. I didn’t think I’d find a bike as fun as my old Bullit to ride but it’s great, so confidence inspiring. The low BB has had me grounding my heels on some harder bermed corners though!

The new hip line is awesome, great work to all those who dig there.

maxtorque just keep at it, I was exactly the same on this stuff a while ago, but I find Woburn is a great place to progress. Think its the small hill that lets you session bits for ages.

lambchop
    Free Member

Schweeeeet! I have dreams that are a lot like that video, but in the cold light of day I’m a pure old skool hardtail Woburn trail mincer. However I must admit to ‘sessioning’ the smallest jump area bumplet (when no ones looking that is!) Keep the Go Pro’s a comin’ for us dreamers!

transporter13
    Free Member

Tom.

Speak to Ryan on the grey gambler with gold hope bits hanging off it. He’s the trail fairy up there. He’s normally being helped by his girlfriend so easy spotted.

I know what you mean about the voltage. I felt exactly the same. Just don’t put dual crowns on it as it limits it IMO. With singles on its much better (for me anyway) around slower twisty stuff or on jumps.

_tom_
    Free Member

Yep I’m really liking it in the 150mm rear travel setting with a 160mm fork. When I can afford it I’m tempted to get an air fork and shock to lighten it up a bit as the ones I have now are bogging it down a bit! Plus the manitou swinger isnt amazing feeling, pretty dead. Do love how the silver bombers look on a white bike though! Reckon it’d make a great do it all bike with a long post and 1×10.

transporter13
    Free Member

I did toy with the idea of some shorter rear shock mounts and a 215 i2i air shock to give 130 or 150mm travel as I converted my oe domains that were 180mm to the coil uturn model.
    I bought the voltage as the complete do anything bike for me with that in mind.
    There are ways of playing with the geometry too by using the wrong shocks for the mounts. Can’t remember exactly which does what but I’ll have a search for it and post it for you

Only problem was the cost and availability of the mounts. Not only are they expensive, they are in short supply too.

Imagine a bike that can be adjusted from 130-180mm travel that can do everything (Providing you’re no taller than 5’10”)

transporter13
    Free Member

Here’s the link

http://m.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=81521&pagenum=210

Have a read half way down. It states that if you use a 200×50-56 shock then you could get the rear travel down to 105mm too.

_tom_
    Free Member

Cool I’d seen that thread but didn’t realise you could drop it to such short travel. At the minute im liking the 150mm setting but I’m tempted to try it back in the long travel/170mm mount as I think that should raise the bb a bit to stop me hitting my heels as much.

chojin
    Free Member

Really enjoyed that vid – short/snappy and some good riding skills 8)

Thanks for sharing!

chiefgrooveguru

Nice! I have got to get my head around gaps, I’m finally seeing them in my mind’s eye so if I can stop the fear happening I should be fine. Must get some more Woburn rides in!

_tom_
    Free Member

I’m still yet to get over the fear of “proper” dj style doubles. Not sure why, think it may be the steeper take off that throws me off – never sure what speed to hit them at.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Short Woburn GoPro video’ is closed to new replies.