Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Short video – Singletrack, Bluebells & Bombholes
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Singletrack, Bluebells & Bombholes – it was a fun evening 😀

tang
    Free Member

nice, wheres danbury common?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Danbury!

(it’s in Essex)

shinsplints

Looks ACE there !

GaryLake
    Free Member

Where’s the cam mounted (chest, neck?), nice to see the bars and top tube – actually gives a sense of speed lacking from most helmet cam shots and it doesn’t seem to be juddering around in the same way…

shellac
    Free Member

Easy to find? I’m in north London and I aint been there yet…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Chest mounted using the GoPro Chesty (no, that’s really the name, I kid you not!)

Danbury is just east of Chelmsford, easy to find, as is the Common once you are there.

alpin
    Free Member

yay! nice one mr cheese…

1;40 in the vid is the spot my mate had a hefty fall where his top burn half the skin off his shoulder and upper arm…

i think it is from there to the right you run along with the edge to your left, then through trees with a couple of drop downs. i liked that bit.

great place to learn to ride drops and to drop in.

from A12 take exit to Maldon/Danbury (A414), then up the hill.
    from the first mini roundabout go right and follow on till T-junction, then left. trundle on till pub or CP carpark further on. then go ride.

lots of other bits of woodland about with 10 mins, each full of trails but you do have to cross some roads.

papermill lock is nice for tea and cake in the summer and a good climb back up the hill to the car….

(p.s. i never drove. always with the bike from chelmsford)
    at the two mini roundabouts opposite each other go right and further on there is a sports field and carpark. then it is a short ride

shellac
    Free Member

Cheers for the directions alpin…

retro83
    Free Member

Nice vid! Can’t think where those bermed bits are though. Looks like it’s changed since I was last there.

Love Danbury common, spent so many weekends there riding Treasure Island when I was a kid. We used to do trains of 10-20 riders all hammering it through the forest hitting the jumps 😀 brilliant fun

/me sheds nostalgic tear

tinsy
    Free Member

Danbury… did you race MX cheesyfeet?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Treasure Island is alas no more :o( – bulldozed years ago.

On a more up to date note, new signs went up yesterday stating that it’s a SSSI and that we can ride there, but there is to be absolutely no digging of jumps, building new trails etc. Seems sensible and reasonable to me. Near the bombholes are more signs saying ‘Warning. On the steeper parts beyond this sign, you may encounter mountain bike activity’. that would seem to be endorsing riding there 🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

tinsy – nope never raced MX.

Grew up in Danbury – used to take my ‘racer’ off treasure island! Happy days

tinsy
    Free Member

I recognize your name from somewhere… Cant place where from..

alpin
    Free Member

signs…. a good sign from the council.

there is already an abundance of trials in that area though on the other side of the hill and further on from the common.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

s’nice. A well shot and edited video. Put it on full screen and sit close and it feels like I’m riding on the bike myself 😛

Good to hear AC/DC too. All mtb vids used to have rock tracks then they moved to rap and then blues type tracks a la Collective but they seem to be heading back to rock again. I like to edit a few videos myself and have used a few rock tracks lately too. 8)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Short video – Singletrack, Bluebells & Bombholes’ is closed to new replies.