Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Short Travel Xc bike Yeti asr Carbon
  • Topfuel
    Free Member

Thinking of a new bike Yeti asr carbon only after 100mm travel any opinions or other recommendations.
    Thanks

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

love my turner flux at 105mm (!) rear travel – plush and no need for propedal

chojin
    Free Member

I think the minimum you can get away with is 120mm on the asr?

pinches
    Free Member

ASR-C is 100mm race machine, not an ASR5(-C) which is 120mm trail bike

chojin
    Free Member

Aaaahhh furry muff. 🙂

andrewh
    Free Member

I’ve had one, awesome bike. 20.4LBs without going for silly-light bits, fastest thing I’ve ever ridden. Strongly recomended.
    I have a 2010 model frame (brand new, never even built) in the spare room, warrenty replacement which arrived in Feb before I signed for a new team for this year and they provided me with bikes. Not sure what I’m doing for bikes next season, half tempted to hang on to it for use at the 2012 24Hr World Champs, but it could be for sale at the right price… (think RRP is now about £2.5k?)

Topfuel
    Free Member

What spec was you running?

druidh
    Free Member

Santa Cruz Blur Carbon? SC recommend a 100mm for but you can run it with a 120 if you want. I’ve tried it both ways and the 100mm is definitely a bit “sharper” and needs less control whilst climbing.

andrewh
    Free Member

That weight was with Durin race forks, XTR shifters/mechs, DA cassette, PC991 chain, RF Next carbon triple cranks with Blackspire SuperPro rings, Ritchey WCS stem, MAX-M MX5 bars with Odi lock-ons, Flite SLR, 160mm Formula R1s, Tune Prince/Princess with DT Aerolites on Alex XCR-Pro rims, King headset, Racing Ralphs and XTR pedals. Lots of nice bits, but other than the front wheel lighter options are available for everything. Did two 24hr races on it and it was excellent.
    It may have been the plane journey back form Oz after the world 24hr which broke it, slight crack in the BB shell, warrentied no problem but then I signed for a new team so never got around to building the new frame.

njee20
    Free Member

Top Fuel, Epic, Spark, Anthem etc etc. try them all, buy the one you like most. I love my Top Fuel. Lighter than Andy’s Yeti 😉

iomnigel
    Free Member

How about a Santa Cruz Tall Boy – 29er 100mm of travel, WMB (sush) bike of the year 2011 ??

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Not the same by any stretch – I got an ASR-SL used from on here and it’s ace! But be aware of the slightly odd yeti sizing (ie a small is almost a medium/small etc)

Alu frame less than 2kg inc headset and shock. Built up easily to 24lbs. The carbon must be even more mental!

Lastly – it is a single pivot – and does rely on the custom tuned fox propedal shock to make it feel fast. Which it is. And uber plush on the downs!

Mugboo

Crc have got a carbon yeti in the slightly damaged goods section

Basil

Buy mine! Large £1200

Leku
    Free Member

Couldashoulda – how is MY yeti then? Good to see you seem to be getting on well with it.

Yeti ASR = excellent.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

how is MY yeti then?

It’s MY Yeti now! It’s great – makes me feel faster than I am really. I’ve recently got the Commencal warranty replacement I was waiting for (eventually!) and have been using that for the last few weeks. I was planning on selling the Yeti when the Commie arrived but now I’m torn!

xcneil
    Free Member

without a doubt cannondale scalpel well thats my opinion anyway 😀

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Short Travel Xc bike Yeti asr Carbon’ is closed to new replies.